Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mizkaki 03-20-2012 08:49 PM

Sharon and others,

Most toy sewing machines take the 24x1 needle. A good sub is the DCX1F needle. The 20x1 needle is way too long.

`

nurseknitsLaura 03-20-2012 08:54 PM

I always just go with, "this one? it's been down in the garage for months!" unless I actually get caught unloading it, in which case I just batt my eyelashes and cook a steak for dinner.

Originally Posted by pfroggg (Post 5076900)
Sewing machine? What sewing machine??? :rolleyes:

nurseknitsLaura 03-20-2012 09:48 PM

Cathy- what is this? http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9610907

nurseknitsLaura 03-20-2012 10:07 PM

Yup. Weighed it in the case. Because that's how I have to carry it!

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5076963)
Laura,

Are you weighing the case, foot control, and accessories, too?

Cathy

miriam 03-21-2012 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5077958)

That is a ROAD TRIP starter for somebody....

BoJangles 03-21-2012 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5077688)

Cute machine! I like the box that this machine sets on too. Did this machine have a lid for the box? Almost looks like it should.

I also like your quilted placemats!

Monica, are you talking about the Pfaff the Damascus is sitting on? I love that machine, always have! It is a great comparison! Those TSM's (Toy Sewing Machines) are so tiny, but it is hard to tell how little they are without the comparison to a full sized machine!

Thank you, that placemat pattern is really simple.

Nancy

BoJangles 03-21-2012 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5078030)
That is a ROAD TRIP starter for somebody....

I think that would be a doable road trip for Charlee!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-21-2012 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5077958)

That looks sort of like Singers's Model 12 or 13, but different? Cathy?

Nancy

BoJangles 03-21-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5077649)
Nancy,

As usual I'm out of town at my Mom's until Friday.
I have the Glenda Thomas encyclopedia of toy machines and will look at it and get back to you.
I do have needles that will work.

Cathy

Cathy, I can't wait to hear back on this machine! Don't forget to look at the book when you get home, or I will remind you! I have some 24x1 needles for my toy Singer (Sew Handy). I need a screw, though, to hold the needle in! I have nothing that small - it takes a really small screw, much smaller that the needle clamp screw on most machines.

I will bring her with me the next time I come over so we can find the appropriate screw!

Also, when looking at DamascusAnnie's site, her toy Damascus has a spring above the tension disks, that I am missing?

Nancy

Thank you everyone, I think those toy machines are just so cute! Besides, they take up no room!

BoJangles 03-21-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5077843)
Nancy,
I think that most toy machines take a 20x1 needle. Your new toy is in very good condition, too bad its missing the needle clamp/screw.
I have the twin to your Pfaff 1222E, love it for piecing and quilting.
Sharon W.

Sharon, how long have you owned the Pfaff 1222e? That was my first - well second, but we can't count the first sewing machine I owned as it was a Brother that drove me nuts trying to get the tension right! But, I owe that Brother because if it hadn't been such a lousey machine, I'd have never bought the Pfaff, which I couldn't afford at the time! I still love that machine, but he gets used mostly to finish bindings now as I don't hand sew bindings anymore!

Nancy