Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 07-14-2010 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay I think I found out what it is, I got this from the Smithsonian.....

Billy

Kitzone 07-14-2010 07:05 PM

Thanks so much Darcene for your offer to scan the manual (if one is available). I like your idea of a inner border. I will go look to see if I have any baby type material. Since I love fabric, it will surprise me if I don't - even though I don't have any babies in the family :)

Suzanne57, my Aunt told me a while back that she misses her knee lever control too. I think I'll like it once I get past the learning curve.

Judy

mlaceruby 07-14-2010 07:07 PM

YES!!
that is my baby!
exactly!
now when was she born?
and do you know where I can get a copy of a manual?

Kitzone 07-14-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
OK had to upload some pics of my baby!
anything anyone can tell me about her?
got her at an auction for $15!!!!

Oh my.... what a treasure you have! I can't imagine getting a chance to bring such a beautiful machine home for $15.00. I'd be doing a happy dance for sure. I am so happy for you :-D
Judy

Lostn51 07-14-2010 07:17 PM

YES!!
that is my baby!
exactly!
now when was she born?
and do you know where I can get a copy of a manual?

Hold on I will give you a link to the Smithsonian site that has the booklet.

Lostn51 07-14-2010 07:20 PM

Okay here it is:

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect.../NMAHTEX/2705/

This machine was made by the New York Singer Company which has nothing to do with the Singer Company at all. This is a prime example of the "Sewing machine Wars" that set the Patent Laws we have today.

The booklet is from around the 180 to 1890 era.

Billy

mlaceruby 07-14-2010 07:24 PM

Thank you!!!!!
I can't wait to get a belt on and try it out!
I have several treadles but have not purchased any or worked with them in several years they just sit here!
my sewing center went out of business where can I order belts? I know how to put them on and make them the right size but just don't have a source anymore
you have given me back my inspiration!

Lostn51 07-14-2010 07:32 PM

Thank you!!!!!
I can't wait to get a belt on and try it out!
I have several treadles but have not purchased any or worked with them in several years they just sit here!
my sewing center went out of business where can I order belts? I know how to put them on and make them the right size but just don't have a source anymore
you have given me back my inspiration!

I buy mine off of eBay and it is not hard at all to put them on. Cut to lenght and punch a hole for the clip and your golden. You want the belt to be loose but just tight enough to not slip.

Your machine is a very important machine historical wise. Not many exist today especially in that condition and with documentation to back it up like the link I gave!! Take very good care of it and Charlee can probably tell you the needles that it takes.

Billy

mlaceruby 07-14-2010 07:47 PM

I'm sitting here with goosebumps!
after looking at the pamphlet
I see that I have all the attachments that originally came with the machine and I have a wooden needlecase with 10 needles!

the same auction had a Singer treadle in really bad shape totally rusted fast and the cabinet was rotted- it sold for $125!!!
I bet my hubby lifts the ban on more machines now!!!

quilt addict 07-14-2010 07:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay, this is what I picked up tonight that Billy found for me. Domestic Electric Rotary in cabinet. Serial #FR7514281. The cabinet has been restained on the outside and the machine is really clean, and oily. I will have to clean before I use it to sew. Also want to connect the pitman instead of the electric motor.

Nice box of attachments that are a bit rusty. Now to read the manual. :D :D :D

Thanks Billy