Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 08-01-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors
I need some help with this treadle I picked up yesterday at a garage sale. I'm getting excited by some of the info I'm digging up and my luck just doesn't run that way!

It's a Wheeler & Wilson D-9. Serial number is 2538191. What I'm seeing so far is that it dates somewhere between 1887-1905. There are no markings/decals on it at all(except the gold medalian on the bed)-in fact, it looks as if someone painted it flat black because I think I see brush streaks.

If anyone could help or point me to a good site for info, would really appreciate it.

I'll post some pics if I can. Not great pics and even worse photographer!

Go to the NeedleBar.org they have all of the information you could ever want.

Billy

BoJangles 08-01-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy I'd love to see those machines and I went to http://wholelottasinger.wordpress.com/ and after that site came up I googled for Marcelli blog -- couldn't find anything on the Pfaff Treadles?

What did I do wrong?

Nancy

I will email her and get the photos of her Pfaffs for you. They are really nice!!

Billy

Thank you so much! I really want to see the Pfaffs!

Nancy

AbbyQuilts 08-01-2010 08:34 PM

Actually that type of machine has the drop in bobbin but I was referring to the price of $125 for it!! That is wrong in so many ways.....

Billy

Haha I totally missed that. hehehe thats a pricey bobbin thing maybe its lined with gold :roll:

Boscobd 08-01-2010 08:34 PM

Hi, this is sort of a double post as it was recommended I post my topic to this thread. Here goes:

I have a Singer Slant-o-Matic 603 Special that I learned to sew on. It used to be my mother's - she bought it used sometime in the '60s and gave it to me when she got a new machine sometime in the late '70s. I hadn't sewn on any other machine until I got a Baby Lock for my 25th wedding anniversary in 2008.
It is a fine machine and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on it and what the general opinion of the older mechanical Singers is. The instruction book has a copyright date of 1963. I was born in 1961, so I have used this machine for many, many years. It holds a special place in my heart!

Miz Johnny 08-02-2010 03:57 AM

Okay I found this on eBay, go look at it and tell me whats wrong with the listing.......

Billy

Hey Billy--I've got ten or 15 of those you can have for HALF the price!! Cash only, please.

Miz Johnny 08-02-2010 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Boscobd
I have a Singer Slant-o-Matic 603 Special that I learned to sew on. It used to be my mother's - she bought it used sometime in the '60s and gave it to me when she got a new machine sometime in the late '70s. . .
It is a fine machine and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on it and what the general opinion of the older mechanical Singers is. The instruction book has a copyright date of 1963. I was born in 1961, so I have used this machine for many, many years. It holds a special place in my heart!

The 600 and 603 were the last two of Singer's machines with metal gears, and the only Touch and Sew machines that I ever bother with. I've had 2 or 3, and all sewed well.

booklady 08-02-2010 07:27 AM

I saw a singer machine online and wondered about it. Can you tell me if a Model #201 is a featherweight? They have the case with it. It's kind of tan with edges a different color and a tan handle on top. Thanks for the help.

Lostn51 08-02-2010 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Okay I found this on eBay, go look at it and tell me whats wrong with the listing.......

Billy

Hey Billy--I've got ten or 15 of those you can have for HALF the price!! Cash only, please.

At last count I have 5 or 6 of them myself still in the Singer package. I bought out an OSMG a while back and got them in the deal with a bunch of manuals.

I am trying to find all of the OSMG's I can find to buy out for the parts and manuals. My buddy has been buying Harley Davidson Dealers for the last 5 or 6 years and he has some serious parts and bikes shoveled in a warehouse right now. So I am trying to amass a collection of sewing machines and parts for resale.

Billy

Lostn51 08-02-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by booklady
I saw a singer machine online and wondered about it. Can you tell me if a Model #201 is a featherweight? They have the case with it. It's kind of tan with edges a different color and a tan handle on top. Thanks for the help.

201 is a full sized heavy machine and one of the smoothest Singers ever made! The tan one sounds like its a later version or possibly a 191U from Japan.

221 and the 222K is the Featherweight.

Billy

booklady 08-02-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by booklady

201 is a full sized heavy machine and one of the smoothest Singers ever made! The tan one sounds like its a later version or possibly a 191U from Japan.

221 and the 222K is the Featherweight.

Thanks for the info. I did get a serial # and it's listed on the singer site as a 1950 model. I'm going to pass on it as I really wanted a featherweight.
Billy