Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jackkip 08-07-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Its a Singer IF and the case id far from the original and it was either a handcrank or treadle operated when it was new. The seller obviously has now idea about vintage machines but I can say that the needles and bobbins will be fun to find and the machine is well worth the asking price.

Billy

I have heard there is a really good guy going into the vintage parts business. So the needles and bobbins should be no problem.......lol

:lol:

Karen 08-07-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by leaha

Originally Posted by Karen
Here she is Billy!

very nice looking machine!!

:D :D Thank you! She needs cleaned up yet! But I think shes gonna be a beauty!

jenna p in ga 08-07-2010 02:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I went and did it...bought another machine! Hope I did not pay too much, but it was a hand crank and I have not seen one before so I bought it. I pd $75; the top of the case is missing and it looks to have been well used. While I was pondering getting it a lady stopped and said if I call her she will see if she has an extra bobbin from her GM's old treadle! The shuttle is w/it so that is nice.

So, let me know if I pd too much, just so I will know in the future. Oh, the tag on it said it was a 124K from 1913...if I remember correctly.

front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93293[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93294[/ATTACH]

end
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93295[/ATTACH]

Miz Johnny 08-07-2010 05:49 PM

Its a Singer IF and the case id far from the original and it was either a handcrank or treadle operated when it was new. The seller obviously has now idea about vintage machines but I can say that the needles and bobbins will be fun to find and the machine is well worth the asking price.

Billy

Singer IF takes standard 15 x 1 needles, and the bobbins are easily available.
There's actually more decals left on this one than I usually see on an IF!!

Lostn51 08-07-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Billy

Singer IF takes standard 15 x 1 needles, and the bobbins are easily available.
There's actually more decals left on this one than I usually see on an IF!!

I was thinking it took the same bobbins as the 9W.

jackkip 08-07-2010 06:21 PM

[quote=Lostn51][quote=Miz Johnny]

Billy

So what is a good price? It is up to $20. But shipping will be another $30.

Miz Johnny 08-07-2010 06:23 PM

I was thinking it took the same bobbins as the 9W.

They take an industrial bobbin--not sure which one, but know where to get them!!

husband-of-a-quilter 08-07-2010 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another 5 dollar find. You just got to love these machines. They look like the dash of a early sixties car. This is a Bamberger

Bamberger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93442[/ATTACH]

Miz Johnny 08-07-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by husband-of-a-quilter
Another 5 dollar find. You just got to love these machines. They look like the dash of a early sixties car. This is a Bamberger

Awesome looking machine!

loves2quilt 08-07-2010 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know anything about this machine? It says Modern Electric and it appears to be in good shape, except the case it torn to heck on the back corner. I didnt buy it but Im considering going back for it tomorrow. I did a google search but couldnt find anything. Pic isnt the greatest, I took it with my phone.