Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

aardvarq 08-18-2010 06:25 PM

QuilterGuy27,

If you are using a Windows machine, try the Internet Explorer web browser and go to the site. You should get "Open", "Save", or "Cancel" as your three options.

The problem might be Chrome.

Just an idea.

Aardie.

aardvarq 08-18-2010 06:34 PM

Jackie,

I am about an hour drive away from many parts of the western border of Maryland.

If you can get an address on that FW and it is not too far, I would be glad to see if I can "drop by and give it a look over" for you.

Aardie.

Miz Johnny 08-18-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
The Featherweight tables in really nice condition used to go for around $500 or so by themselves but since the economy has dropped I dont think we will see that price for a while. He is definitely out of line with the price but give it a few months and it will be priced right.

Billy

Shoot, I'll sell my table AND my Featherweight for that. Don't everyone line up at once.

Lostn51 08-18-2010 06:57 PM

The round cabinets for the FW's are the ones that will break the bank. $1500 is good for one if you can find one!!

Some where in the middle of this thread is a cabinet like what I am talking about.

Billy

dvseals 08-18-2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Originally Posted by dvseals
Oi... some peoples...
It's a nice looking machine from what I can see but.. Oi.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/atq/1904577125.html

I just couldn't help myself. I had to e-mail them about this one and try to set them straight. Shame on me, I"m a bad boy. WAY overpriced.

Oh thank goodness. I was going to email them and tell they were way over priced, but I talked myself out of it.

I talked myself outta emailing as well. Overpriced wasn't exactly the word(s) I used when I saw what he was asking...

Annaquilts 08-18-2010 08:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
OK Proud new owners of two more Feather Weights, a black one 1954 and a white one 1964. The black one is missing the bobbin holder but the white one is up and running and barely used.

Lostn51 08-18-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
OK Proud new owners of two more Feather Weights, a black one 1954 and a white one 1964. The black one is missing the bobbin holder but the white one is up and running and barely used.

Oh they look marvelous!!!!

YOu are a lucky woman to have 2 of them and especially a white one!!!

Billy

bucky383 08-18-2010 08:31 PM

Oh, these featherweights are so cute, I can see how addictive they can be. For some one looking for the table, look at jslyle.com [sorry, don't know how to add link] I found them while searching for a place to get my new featherweight looked at. They are not cheap but look well made.

husband-of-a-quilter 08-18-2010 08:36 PM

This is an absolutely wonderful thread but with many hundreds of machines and 314 pages so far I find it difficult to search for a particular machine. Also there does not seem to be anyway to search this particular thread. Am I doing something wrong or is the search function not that fine. I have done everything I can think of like * , % , ( ), = between, beginning or end of my search words but that doesn't help. Control F on the page may help me find something on the page that came up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really do enjoy this thread. Thanks for starting it.

BoJangles 08-18-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts

Wow, they look new!

Congratulations!

Nancy