Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 10-15-2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Billy,
I'm having trouble loosening the handwheel to wind a bobbin on my 237; no clue how it got so tight; even DH can't get it loose. I use a "sidewinder" to wind my bobbins.
Sharon W.

You know my 500A will not disengage for the all the tea in China. I have done everything I can think of but to bust it off and put a new one on to get it to move. So I just wind my bobbins with it engaged.

Billy

Jerudy 10-16-2010 02:58 PM

Hey everyone, I just picked up a Singer 99 (1955 from serial #) at an Estate sale for $125, She looks to be in excellant condition and works like a charm. Do you think I got a good deal???? At first my sis thought it might be a featherweight, when she called me and found out it wasn't, she let me buy it (wasn't that nice of her)? It is a nice addition to my collection of 2 featherweights and my 201.

Lacelady 10-17-2010 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jerudy
Hey everyone, I just picked up a Singer 99 (1955 from serial #) at an Estate sale for $125, She looks to be in excellant condition and works like a charm. Do you think I got a good deal???? At first my sis thought it might be a featherweight, when she called me and found out it wasn't, she let me buy it (wasn't that nice of her)? It is a nice addition to my collection of 2 featherweights and my 201.

Congratulations. If it had been a featherweight, would she have told you that you couldn't buy it??

Jerudy 10-17-2010 06:20 AM

oh No! she would of bought it herself....

Crossstitcher 10-17-2010 12:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well DH did it again! :lol: He came home and told me he had two "red heads and a blonde" in the back of his truck. Sure enough he did. Here's the pictures. :roll:

he calls red eyes "red heads" #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112578[/ATTACH]

red head #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112579[/ATTACH]

his blonde
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112580[/ATTACH]

BoJangles 10-17-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jerudy

Is there a Singer 99 and a 99K, which is the 3/4 size machine?

What is the difference between the Singer 99 and 99K?

Nancy

BoJangles 10-17-2010 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Well DH did it again! :lol: He came home and told me he had two "red heads and a blonde" in the back of his truck. Sure enough he did. Here's the pictures. :roll:

OMG I am so jealous!

Nancy

Crossstitcher 10-17-2010 12:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yesterday we went into a thrift store and he got this one. It's a Sphinx dated April 5, 1916. Then our son came today and brought us this one he won on e bay. DH wanted it because it's as old a I am. Also has the scroll plate which he really likes.

Sphinx
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112529[/ATTACH]

somebody turned it into elec. yuck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112530[/ATTACH]

Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112531[/ATTACH]

JaneK 10-17-2010 12:23 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum and was at goodwill today when I found a white rotary machine in a cabinet. It is electric, had a matte finish and the motor patent date was October 25, 1927. Any helpon this model, should I buy this? Thanks so much!

vintagemotif 10-17-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

Nice machine finds!
What is attached to the front of the one "red head"? (looks like a growth or a confused red head)