Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 10-24-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by suzieQ
HI LOSTN51 I WAS ALL EXIECIED WHEN YOU TOLD ME I HAD A FW BUT IGAVE YOU WRONG NUMBER THE RIGHT ONE IS A SINGER #AH605701 I SHOULD OF RUBBED OFF DIRT THE FIRST TIME SOOOOO WHAT HAVE IGOT IAM 85 AND NOT TO SWIFT SUZIEQ

SusieQ

You have a Model 66 made April 29, 1948, in Elizabethport, New Jersey.

Can you post a picture?

Nancy

vintagemotif 10-24-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
For those in the LA area looking for machines or parts for their machines.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...019720069.html

I sure wish I was there to look at all of that stuff. I need a few grub screws and a couple of parts machines in the worst sorta way.

Billy

I wish I could too. I'm too far north for a day drive and no plans for a trip to LA. Maybe the guy will mail you some items that you need.

purplefiend 10-24-2010 10:24 AM

Loya 99,
I'm so happy that you got the 301. I have a black 301 and I love it.
Sharon W.

Crossstitcher 10-24-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by loya99

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Anna,

This is the cabinet and machine I got from CL this summer while I couldn't cut and sew worth a darn. I did succeed in oiling the machine and wiping out the cabinet.

My machine is black. I am keeping my eye out for a second one for my sister.

I agree with Billy, they are not too heavy and can travel almost as well as a Featherweight. Plus, they have a handle in the top!

Aardie.

I want everyone to know I got the 301! Thanks for the encouragement. I can't pick it up until I finish work but its all mine. now I hope it works!

Well good for you I hope you will enjoy your 301 as much as I do mine. Just one thing I learned after using the featherweight is the 301 sews much faster so you have to be a little light on the foot pedal.

:-) :-) :-)

Ann L 10-24-2010 03:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by loya99

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Anna,

This is the cabinet and machine I got from CL this summer while I couldn't cut and sew worth a darn. I did succeed in oiling the machine and wiping out the cabinet.

My machine is black. I am keeping my eye out for a second one for my sister.

I agree with Billy, they are not too heavy and can travel almost as well as a Featherweight. Plus, they have a handle in the top!

Aardie.

I want everyone to know I got the 301! Thanks for the encouragement. I can't pick it up until I finish work but its all mine. now I hope it works!

Well good for you I hope you will enjoy your 301 as much as I do mine. Just one thing I learned after using the featherweight is the 301 sews much faster so you have to be a little light on the foot pedal.

:-) :-) :-)

thanks for the heads up. It purrs like a new kitten. Here are some pictures. I will need to download the manuel though since it didn't come with one. Here are some pictures. I had to drive a extra 60 miles today to get it but well worth it I am sure.

Lostn51 10-24-2010 03:23 PM

I love it and the long bed makes it that much desirable to me! I think it was well worth the extra miles to go get it.

Billy

purplefiend 10-24-2010 03:47 PM

Loya 99,
I had one like this for about 5 years and I sold it last year.
I wish I hadn't sold it now. Once upon a time I had four 301
machines in all the colors that they came in.
Sharon W.

JaneK 10-24-2010 06:55 PM

What a lovely machine! I am on the hunt for a 301, and have so far lost three auctions on ebay this weekend due to folks outbidding me in the last 10 seconds! How frustrating! But, my time will come!

BoJangles 10-24-2010 07:28 PM

You guys are making me want to get a 301 too!

But does anyone know anything about the 501a? I almost bought one this weekend, but I passed on the machine. Now I wish I had bought it. I looked up the 501A on google and it is called a "Rocketeer." It actually is a pretty cute machine.

Nancy

Lostn51 10-24-2010 07:39 PM

The 500 Series machines were really nice and the 500A was ans still is the best machine Singer came out with. I have a 500A that I have used a couple of times and I would put it up against any of the modern machines out there and I bet it would send them back to school!

Billy