Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Patty in Ks 01-03-2011 04:16 PM

The green case is the button hole maker and the cams you put into the buttonholer.

Crossstitcher 01-03-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
I bought a Featherweight last summer and have a cardboard box of attachments.

However, someone posted a Featherweight for sale today on this board and I am wondering what the green plastic case is used for. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87298-1.htm

I also have that case which was not purchased with the Featherweight. I thought it was some type of cams but wasn't sure what machine they are for or exactly what they are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The plastic case is the buttonholer with the cams for making different size bottonholes.

no1jan 01-03-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patty in Ks
The green case is the button hole maker and the cams you put into the buttonholer.

Thank you.

Apparently I got the cams without the buttonholer, but some attachments.

whenpigsfly 01-03-2011 04:20 PM

(OK! File this under Dumb Questions!) Those of you who use hand cranks... do you crank the whole time? Or crank and "coast"? I can't figure out how to maintain control of the fabric with both hands AND power the machine!

featherweight 01-03-2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
(OK! File this under Dumb Questions!) Those of you who use hand cranks... do you crank the whole time? Or crank and "coast"? I can't figure out how to maintain control of the fabric with both hands AND power the machine!

I don't think that is a dumb question, I was going to ask the same thing. Or you can file my question too!! LOL

tomilu 01-03-2011 04:27 PM

I have a Singer model 27 (H172728). I was cleaning it, thanks for the tutes Billy, and I think I'm missing something on the tensioner. I don't know much at all about sewing machines but the manual I downloaded showed a hook like thingy on the tensioner that the thread is supposed to go through but I dont have one of those. It looks like the "hook thingy" is part of the spring (not the thick one you can easily see but the other one), but mine doesn't have the "hook thingy". I posted a picture, I hope I'm making sense... lol.

Thanks - Dana[/quote]

You are missing the check spring, Dana I have some 27 parts, I will look and see if I have one.

tomilu 01-03-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

I don't think that is a dumb question, I was going to ask the same thing. Or you can file my question too!! LOL

You have to keep crankin' girlfirend, lol. you just use the left hand to guide. Just takes some practice.

lewlew 01-03-2011 04:30 PM

You are missing the check spring, Dana I have some 27 parts, I will look and see if I have one.[/quote]

I knew something wasn't right! Thanks, you are wonderful.

Dana

featherweight 01-03-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu

You have to keep crankin' girlfirend, lol. you just use the left hand to guide. Just takes some practice.

OMG!! I don't think that is for me. I would love a treadle though!!!

whenpigsfly 01-03-2011 04:51 PM

OMG!! I don't think that is for me. I would love a treadle though!!!

x 2! I'd probably sew my left hand!