Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   white featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/white-featherweight-t202906.html)

ThimbleShy 10-12-2012 07:01 AM

A member of our guild is selling hers for $450 I don't think she will get a buyer. but never know?

Jeanette Frantz 10-12-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ThimbleShy (Post 5579993)
A member of our guild is selling hers for $450 I don't think she will get a buyer. but never know?

Lord, I'd like to have another one (for a gift to my cousin), but I'll have to find a real bargain to be able to afford one. I got mine (my son bought it for me) at Goodwill, mint condition, for $50. I was very lucky! I know I'll have to look long and hard for that kind of a deal (if it ever happens), but we've just had to spend $1000 on vet bills (and lost our dog anyway), we had a very expensive emergency trip at the end of June, and a number of things have demanded and received expensive repairs, so I'm not in a position to buy one right now!

Good luck!

Frankly, I haven't used mine in a while either, but not because I don't want to!

Jeanette Frantz

quiltgal 10-12-2012 09:45 AM

The price also depends if you have the original case for it, book and accessories. A lot of the ones that I have seen for sale do not have any of the feet or the book.

oldtnquiltinglady 10-13-2012 08:11 AM

$300 is not a bad price if you are lucky enough to run into someone who is looking for a white FW. They are really hard to come by. My kids gave me one for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I don't use it that much because it is not as good a machine as my first FW, which was GIVEN to me. I am sure they paid $300 or more for it, and had to have our local repairman do some work on it before they gave it to me. Put a price on it that you are willing to dicker on, and go from there--lots of ladies want that special FW and you'll be lucky enough to find one if you keep trying....

pinkCastleDH 10-13-2012 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 5580296)
...we've just had to spend $1000 on vet bills (and lost our dog anyway)

Jeanette - sorry to hear about your dog. Sometimes all that we can do isn't enough and I can't put into words how much that sucks :(

Jeanette Frantz 10-13-2012 02:36 PM

You are soooooooo right! Neither can I. As far as the featherweight (white), I think I'd keep it if it were me. I'd love to buy one, but I can't really afford to right now! Whatever you decided to do, I wish you the best -- hope you get your price if you decide to sell!

Jeanette Frantz

w7sue 10-13-2012 09:42 PM

I would love to have a white one - have two black ones - paid $250 for the first one and $125 for the second one - have used them both from time to time, not sure which one I like the best - have considered selling one of them - but here they both are - still with me ...

heart of Dixie 10-17-2012 09:19 AM

I bought a very nice one clean and runs excellant for $200. Love it