• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Repainting a Sewing Machine...... >
  • Repainting a Sewing Machine......

• Repainting a Sewing Machine......

Old 07-23-2010, 07:31 PM
    Banned

Well nothing to post tonite.....:(

I had to run around today and when I was going to paint the machine I find out my new neighbor decided I really didnt need my privacy hedges and tried to cut them all down. I was so mad I could not even concentrate on what I was doing.

There is really no excuse for stupidity................And then the fight started.....:mrgreen:

Billy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-72226.jpe   attachment-72227.jpe   attachment-72228.jpe  
    Old 07-23-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Well nothing to post tonite.....:(

I had to run around today and when I was going to paint the machine I find out my new neighbor decided I really didnt need my privacy hedges and tried to cut them all down. I was so mad I could not even concentrate on what I was doing.

There is really no excuse for stupidity................

Billy
    OMG! What did you do?
    Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
    Banned

It wasnt pretty........

The bad thing is that I know I needed to trim them and I was about a 1/3 or the way in trimming them but we have been having heat indexes in the 115* and up so I havent messed with them the last couple of days.

The lady tells me she would have gotten all of it for me but she couldnt reach that far. :roll:

It was a heat index of 108* today and that had to be it because nobody could be that stupid. The hedges are about 11' tall and they cut into them almost 36" all the way down my fence row 60' worth. I have only about 6"-8" of hedges left on the back fence.

Billy
    Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM

Were any of the hedges on her side of the fence? or did this super intellect climb you fence and cut them down? Gee the nerve of some people. I guess the heat really got to her lol. Hedges take so long to grow, such a shame, sorry for you landscape loss.
    Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Were any of the hedges on her side of the fence? or did this super intellect climb you fence and cut them down? Gee the nerve of some people. I guess the heat really got to her lol. Hedges take so long to grow, such a shame, sorry for you landscape loss.
    That is my fence and those are my hedges.

Lets just say after I made a statement, the ladies father picks up a rake and tries to hit me with it and I pull my gun and he drops said rake, pees on himself and runs into the house screaming like a little girl.

After the cops come and find out that have a permit to carry they told him to never try to hit someone with a rake after you cut their hedges down.....

Billy
    Old 07-24-2010, 05:15 AM

I think that sucks...Looks like a beautiful neighborhood with well maintained lawns.

Call your city or town hall. Some laws say that if one person's tree/shrub grows on to or hangs on the neighbor's property and the owner of the growth doesn't cut it back the neighbor with the overgrowth on their property can cut it back to the property line....even if it kills the plant/tree or makes it look uglier than anything on the block.

Did they cut back into your property line? Usually fences are 'set back' a bit from the actual property line. Call the town or city and get information.
    Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 AM
    Banned

Okay the pictures I took are from my neighbors side of my property. I have an acre lot and this is the back forty. The hedges and fence are all on my property and they cut it 3 "FEET" into my property line. Her property line is 8" to the left of my fence

My other neighbor works for the County Code Enforcement and he told me that come Monday morning he is going to pay her a visit and give her a citation for that and the fact that she never cuts her back yard and grass is almost knee level. He has to look at that when he goes out to his back yard.

My lawyer lives one street over and drove by and told me all I have to do is relandscape it after I took photos of the damage caused and hand her the bill. And since everything is well documented from Code Enforcement I am able to sue her for damages.

But what really chaps my behind is the idiot told me that she "would have got it all cut but she couldnt reach that far" and her telling me it will grow back.

I have been cutting those hedges for the last 5 or 6 years and I always cut down that side of the house just because they are mine and I dont mind helping. But these neighbors just moved in about 10 months ago and are just plain weird.

Billy
    Old 07-24-2010, 07:14 AM
    Banned

Okay I am going to go do some painting today!! so I will post the end results tonite!!!

But first I need to trim the remaining hedges so Stan can see how many holes are in them when he cites her Monday!! And the heat index will be 115*+ today so it should be fun.......

Billy
    Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 AM

OMG. Maybe she really thought she was helping you??. If that's the case, I feel badly for her misunderstanding and now this major break between neighbors. Are we going to see the whole event on a "Cops" episode? ;> The hedge will grow back...slowly.
    Old 07-24-2010, 09:32 AM
    Power Poster

I'm amazed that everyone seems to have the same wire mesh picnic/lawn furniture! I have a green set of this of table and chairs, lounger, and small end tables on my porch. I see it in home pictures all the time! I think this type of furniture will be nostalgic and worth a fortune when our kids get old. LOL