• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Repainting a Sewing Machine...... >
  • Repainting a Sewing Machine......

• Repainting a Sewing Machine......

Old 07-24-2010, 10:08 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Candace
    OMG. Maybe she really thought she was helping you??
    No they are blatantly stupid......

I am going to wait until it cools off before I paint the machine it is 102* actual temp and I dont think its going to cool off until this evening when the shade swings in my back yard. So I am on a holding pattern right now doing laundry.

Billy
    Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
    Power Poster

Can't wait to see it painted!
    Old 07-24-2010, 03:23 PM

It's heartbreakers like your poor mutilated fence that make me think maybe it's not so bad living 15 minutes drive from the nearest quart of milk!
    The machine is wonderful and I must admit I rather like it 'naked' too. Can't wait to see the paint job, and I'll take this opportunity to say I love your tutorials and hope there will be more.
    Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 PM

WOW, this is the worst trim job I have ever seen!! You obviously own your house, do they own or rent? I'm only asking as it makes a difference in how you handle things if you want a long term feud hanging over you and a neighbor that is an owner. If it is an owner they should've known the property lines and since your fence is inside the lines and the overgrowth didn't go over the line they had no business cutting any of it.

I have two neighbors (all three of us have lived here 18 ++ years ) in a feud over dogs defecating in yards. As I agree it is gross and you should pick up after your pets - not to mention lease laws- I can't get my head around it breaking up a long term friendship. In your case they are new but could have been friends down the road, now you'll always have the bitterness about this. Such a loss when neighbors should look out for each other. (even the weird ones)

Good luck. Sorry for the loss of your landscaping. Does your city have a small claims court? I chuckle to see this on Judge Judy!! She would obviously give you the damages plus. Think about having an arborist come give you a professional estimate on the damages before you trim more or replant, etc. If high enough and she doesn't pay for it maybe your homeowners policy or theirs will.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Okay the pictures I took are from my neighbors side of my property. I have an acre lot and this is the back forty. The hedges and fence are all on my property and they cut it 3 "FEET" into my property line. Her property line is 8" to the left of my fence

My other neighbor works for the County Code Enforcement and he told me that come Monday morning he is going to pay her a visit and give her a citation for that and the fact that she never cuts her back yard and grass is almost knee level. He has to look at that when he goes out to his back yard.

My lawyer lives one street over and drove by and told me all I have to do is relandscape it after I took photos of the damage caused and hand her the bill. And since everything is well documented from Code Enforcement I am able to sue her for damages.

But what really chaps my behind is the idiot told me that she "would have got it all cut but she couldnt reach that far" and her telling me it will grow back.

I have been cutting those hedges for the last 5 or 6 years and I always cut down that side of the house just because they are mine and I dont mind helping. But these neighbors just moved in about 10 months ago and are just plain weird.

Billy
    Old 07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by quiltlady
    WOW, this is the worst trim job I have ever seen!! You obviously own your house, do they own or rent? I'm only asking as it makes a difference in how you handle things if you want a long term feud hanging over you and a neighbor that is an owner. If it is an owner they should've known the property lines and since your fence is inside the lines and the overgrowth didn't go over the line they had no business cutting any of it.

Good luck. Sorry for the loss of your landscaping. Does your city have a small claims court? I chuckle to see this on Judge Judy!! She would obviously give you the damages plus. Think about having an arborist come give you a professional estimate on the damages before you trim more or replant, etc. If high enough and she doesn't pay for it maybe your homeowners policy or theirs will.
    Everyone in my neighborhood owns their homes. My street is the last of the streets to get the infill. Thats where they buy the house and bulldoze it and build a 6000 to 8000sqft home on it. All of our lots are one acre lots with the exception of a street over and they are 2 acre lots. The home across the street from me and the one beside her are $1,000,000 homes and I was thinking that she was going to tear her house down and build a big one on it. I already have had neighbors stop by and ask me what happened to them.

But I am going to fix her up good!! ;) ;)

Billy
    Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 AM

those poor bushes, they look so naked (maybe the machine wanted company)?
    Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM

I'm just curious...did the woman ever say WHY she whacked them?
    Old 07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
    Banned

She was too old to climb a ladder to get to what was hanging over.....They are 11ft tall and only a little at the top was hanging over because I had not trimmed the yet.

But I had fun last nite though........I backed my car in the back yard with the rear of my car facing her house uncorked the headers. My car sounds like a top fuel dragster with no exhaust hooked up and loud as hell. And her car alarm would go off every time to so it was more fun!!

So last night starting at 1am I fired my car up, goosed a couple of times and shut it off. I did this every hour on the hour LOL. She has several dogs that once they start barking they wont be quiet for 30 minutes or so and you can hear them in the house carrying on. I promise you nobody got any sleep over there last night.

My neighbors knew I was going to do this and told me to have at it!!! They are in shock about what happened and I think they are madder than I am....... Tonite will be round two!!!!

Billy
    Old 07-25-2010, 01:34 PM

LOL! Remind me to never get on your bad side:>
    Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
    She was too old to climb a ladder to get to what was hanging over.....They are 11ft tall and only a little at the top was hanging over because I had not trimmed the yet.

But I had fun last nite though........I backed my car in the back yard with the rear of my car facing her house uncorked the headers. My car sounds like a top fuel dragster with no exhaust hooked up and loud as hell. And her car alarm would go off every time to so it was more fun!!

So last night starting at 1am I fired my car up, goosed a couple of times and shut it off. I did this every hour on the hour LOL. She has several dogs that once they start barking they wont be quiet for 30 minutes or so and you can hear them in the house carrying on. I promise you nobody got any sleep over there last night.

My neighbors knew I was going to do this and told me to have at it!!! They are in shock about what happened and I think they are madder than I am....... Tonite will be round two!!!!

Billy
    I knew I liked you. You are so bad. I hate it when people crap on me too. Hopefully hedges will grow back quick. If it is Privet hedge they grow like super fast in Texas. Becareful about the noise thing she may call the cops on you for public nusiance.