Ruler work on my 15-88

Old 10-02-2017, 07:40 AM

Nice job! those rulers look fun.

I'm sort of a ruler nut - I've got a full set for my LA. For the most part they are on the large size so wouldn't work as easily with a domestic machine. Those smaller ones look perfect for domestic machine work.

BTW - my favorite machine for FMQ was a 15-88 that DH put a motor on. I liked it a lot better than using the 15-91, though I like that one too.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
Nice job! those rulers look fun.

I'm sort of a ruler nut - I've got a full set for my LA. For the most part they are on the large size so wouldn't work as easily with a domestic machine. Those smaller ones look perfect for domestic machine work.

BTW - my favorite machine for FMQ was a 15-88 that DH put a motor on. I liked it a lot better than using the 15-91, though I like that one too.
Cathy, I played around on a long arm at the Quilting Expo - lots of fun to be had there as well. I do not have the room for something like that, so I figured the ruler set-up on a domestic will keep me out of mischief for a while.

I really enjoy sewing on the 15-88. I don't know why the treadle is so fascinating to me, but there you have it. I will have my mom's 15-91 eventually, that is the machine I learned to sew on as she had bought it new. She has offered it already but I just do not want to take it from her home.