Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • In search of Domestic 153 circa 1949 bobbin case >
  • In search of Domestic 153 circa 1949 bobbin case

• In search of Domestic 153 circa 1949 bobbin case

Old 01-26-2020, 07:13 PM

Default In search of Domestic 153 circa 1949 bobbin case

Please help! I’m brand new to sewing, I found a Domestic 153 from 1949 on my local Craigslist and bought it. Little did I know it was missing the bobbin case. Can anyone please help me find one? Or is there an alternative?

i really want to get this machine running. Please help
    Old 01-26-2020, 09:14 PM

I checked a couple sources, but could only find them on Ebay. You can purchase the bobbins new, but it will be hard to find the bobbin case or hook. Try searching for "White Rotary bobbin case." This is what I found on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+case&_sacat=0

Good Luck to You!
    Old 01-27-2020, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine
    I checked a couple sources, but could only find them on Ebay. You can purchase the bobbins new, but it will be hard to find the bobbin case or hook. Try searching for "White Rotary bobbin case." This is what I found on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+case&_sacat=0

Good Luck to You!
    my question is, will those White bobbin case work with my machine?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-27-2020 at 04:51 AM. Reason: wrong forum for asking to purchase
    Old 01-27-2020, 05:08 AM

This machine is a badged White, so White bobbin cases and bobbins will work. I've got this machine and the "sister" White machine and the bobbin cases are identical. Look for one that is the same age as your machine ( not 30 years older). You can tell visually if they are similar. Older ones look different.

"Domestic" as a manufacturer was bought out by White in the 20's.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    This machine is a badged White, so White bobbin cases and bobbins will work. I've got this machine and the "sister" White machine and the bobbin cases are identical. Look for one that is the same age as your machine ( not 30 years older). You can tell visually if they are similar. Older ones look different.

And this is why I joined this forum. Does it matter which White bobbin? Is there a specific model that fits?
    Old 01-27-2020, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby

I also have a couple more questions since you are familiar with this machine. #1 What do you recommend for the rubber tire on the friction drive? Mine is flat-spotted. #2 can I convert this to operate from a foot pedal?
    Old 01-27-2020, 07:20 AM

Does yours look like this?domestic-153mg-pretty-b.jpg if the serial # starts with MG it is magnesium.
    Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by leonf
    Does yours look like this?Attachment 622154 if the serial # starts with MG it is magnesium.
    I will have to look at the serial number, but otherwise yes, I have that machine. Mine is in a fold-up table instead of a case. Do you have parts?
    Old 01-27-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by JSexton1
    I will have to look at the serial number, but otherwise yes, I have that machine. Mine is in a fold-up table instead of a case. Do you have parts?

I am afraid I don't have extra parts. domestic-153-scal-mg-b.jpgAnother view. I have forgotten how the controller plugs into the motor, but If you find a controller with the same plug, it should work for you.
    Old 01-27-2020, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by leonf
    I am afraid I don't have extra parts. Attachment 622155Another view. I have forgotten how the controller plugs into the motor, but If you find a controller with the same plug, it should work for you.
    Ok, thank you. Perhaps I am better off selling the machine at this point.