Second hand store Rocketeer

Old 07-17-2021, 06:49 AM

The Rocketeer is out and almost finished being cleaned up, it spins well and the pattern controls even turn and move!! The table is serving as a piece of furniture, for the time being. I won't put the machine back in.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:17 AM

The Rocketeer is finished! It sews fast and strong, I'm very happy. There was only one original rubber foot, the other 3 were replaced by the homemade brackets holding the machine in the homemade wood frame. I found 3 old feet from a Touch&Sew, I think, and needed a couple of washers to even up the one original foot, but it's stable. It was missing the original removable spool pin, normally sitting inside the machine under the lid, so I substituted a plastic pin, and the red felt pad is my indicator that I've finished and tested a machine (otherwise I lose track...).

I know everyone's favorite machine is different, one of my first machines was a 503 and so I'm partial to Rocketeers, and two of my sisters have there own 500s, now I can join the club!
Attached Thumbnails 20210717_115800.jpg  
Old 07-17-2021, 10:07 AM

So glad you have everything working. I'm with you. I don't have any room for another sewing machine, since I already have 4 of them, but I wouldn't have passed up this deal. Congratulations on a great buy.