This should be the last one!i

Old 07-03-2017, 06:19 PM

With the 201 & the 15-88, I get purring and clackty-clack, only it is quieter than that:-) I just love the form of these machines, the only one that doesn't really appeal to my eye is my 401a. All the others are black and the 401a is beige and cream, it is also in the only blonde cabinet that I have, so I guess it fits. Fun times at my house
Old 07-04-2017, 05:13 AM

This is a lovely machine and cabinet, you did very well with your purchase. A last one ? Probably not likely....
Old 07-04-2017, 02:19 PM

If you keep coming across great machines like this and the 15-88, how will you turn them down? I am determined, but I couldn't turn down a good 201. Yesterday saw a Neechi BU supernova in a blonde cabinet for $75 or 45 without the cabinet. That is a model on my wish list, but I managed to walk away. It helped that there were no stitch cams with it...
Old 07-04-2017, 06:04 PM

"Yesterday saw a Neechi BU supernova in a blonde cabinet for $75 or 45 without the cabinet. That is a model on my wish list, but I managed to walk away. It helped that there were no stitch cams with it...

So, is that how you walk away? If it's not perfect and complete, keep going?

Wow, I needed a strategy. I'll see if this one will work for me.

Thanks.

bkay
Old 07-05-2017, 06:11 AM

Drooling over your looms, I just warped (incorrectly) my first one. I have a borrowed [ATTACH=CONFIG]575894[/ATTACH]4 headle table loom that is too intimidating at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails little-loom-mostly-warped.jpg  
Old 07-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by leonf
Drooling over your looms, I just warped (incorrectly) my first one. I have a borrowed [ATTACH=CONFIG]575894[/ATTACH]4 headle table loom that is too intimidating at the moment.
Whoops, you have a few crossed ends there. When you first start warping a loom it is challenging, but it is like everything else, the more you do it, the easier it is. It has taken me years to get all the equipment in the configuration that I want. I seem to have an easier time selling looms than I do sewing machines:-)
Old 07-05-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by bkay
So, is that how you walk away? If it's not perfect and complete, keep going?

Wow, I needed a strategy. I'll see if this one will work for me.

Thanks.

bkay
Ha Ha! That is the strategy I'm TRYING! But today I was looking up Necchi supernova cams to see what they would cost ;-) And repeating the mantra "you have enough sewing machines...you have ENOUGH sewing machines." And the thrift store is only one mile away. And it seems like a good price, but remind myself my limit is $25. Yeah, that works. Or not.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:47 PM

I just did the same thing tonight regarding one of those cantelever sewing baskets. I actually had to get a cutting mat out so I could visualize how small they really are before I could get off CL. See, I have all the machines so now I am looking at toys:-)
Old 07-06-2017, 03:33 AM

Nice machine! I don't know how you can say 'no more' when there are so many on CL near you. I'm up north where the pickins are slim or I'd probably be overrun.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Famous last words.... lol
I say the same thing before & yet seen a long bed 301 out of town visiting a friend ( she's a QB member too) at a yard sale, no case but pretty. Scored it for $20 & runs really great!