Sigh -- why do I buy from eBay?

Old 10-25-2014, 01:47 AM
Power Poster

I automatically assume the worst....that goes for any machine....sewing machine, car...whatever. Give me vintage any day...at least once you learn how it works, you've got more chance of fixing it than anything with a computer chip. Persevere and let us know how you get on....pics are also lovely.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by earthwalker
I automatically assume the worst....that goes for any machine....sewing machine, car...whatever. Give me vintage any day...at least once you learn how it works, you've got more chance of fixing it than anything with a computer chip. Persevere and let us know how you get on....pics are also lovely.
I assume the worst, too. That way I'm not disappointed when things don't work. Yes vintage - then it CAN be fixed.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:20 AM

About 75% of my collection came from e-bay. After deciding on a machine, I look at the sellers rating and feedback score. You can contact the seller with your concerns before purchasing. A seller that does not list properly and basically tries to scam a person would not get 100% feedback. I also read the feedback scores, in particular the bad/neutral ones to see what occurred and how it was resolved. After a few bad experiences with FedEx on handling my purchases, one time I contacted the seller before shipping and requested that he ship the machine and the bentwood case separately. The additional charges was $12.00 more that way and I mailed him a check for the extra charge. Some times you can correctly pack up a machine, but, rough handling is to be expected and one can only hope for the best. If an item is grossly mislabeled, that seller would not get favorable scores. I seldom do business with a feedback score of less than 99.8%. I have had 2 issues with purchasing and both were resolved promptly to my satisfaction with a full refund from Paypal.

Soman2
The other Rodney
Ponchatoula,La.