Tri-Flow Oil Questions

Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mickey2
Has anyone actually checked the wicking properties of the various greases? I shall order motor grease from Sew Classic and try it out, anywhere else I tend to use oil or a nice grease with teflon.
Yes Mickey it's been done by a few different people here and on other groups. Synthetic grease doesn't wick at all. The new Singer lube in the blue tube doesn't either, so it's no good for motors. What wicks best is still PJ.

Cari
Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Okay....I'm being dense here. Oil the parts that need oiling (but NOT the motor???) using the Tri-Flow Lubricant Oil. Lubricate what??? using vaseline. Sorry, sorry, sorry for being so dense.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt
Okay....I'm being dense here. Oil the parts that need oiling (but NOT the motor???) using the Tri-Flow Lubricant Oil. Lubricate what??? using vaseline. Sorry, sorry, sorry for being so dense.
If you downloaded the manual Mickey2 linked to at ISMACS = http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ng-machine.pdf it will show where to oil and grease (Vaseline) on pages 15-18 of that pdf

Here is another link to a FW manual = http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/644_221k.pdf
I think it has a clearer image of the oil points (drop at end of arrows) and where to use Vaseline (Singer Motor Lubricant) as indicated by little rope or worm shaped at end of arrows is on pages 48 to 50 of the pdf. (The number of the pages are of the pdf not the page number of what is shown on those pages) On page 50 it shows the motor and the tube of Motor Lubricant, which is where to use the Vaseline petroleum jelly.

I hope this helps.

Janey, Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.