• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Update on 201 Presser Foot Lever- >
  • Update on 201 Presser Foot Lever-

• Update on 201 Presser Foot Lever-

Old 08-04-2017, 01:18 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mickey2
    It's bound to turn up though, unless you have a hole in the floor ;- )

Nice to hear it's replaceable, most parts on these old straight stitchers tend to be, but it can take a bit of time and searching. My 201 is in a table, and it has turned out to be my favorite machine.
    I'm afraid it may have fallen in one of the vents. There's one right near where I was working. Someone mentioned making one out of a paper clip- who knew?
    Old 08-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Unable to upload usually means your photo is too large. (The quilting board limits the size you can post.) You can shoot at a lower resolution which means adjusting the camera on your phone or you can send it to your computer and reduce the size there with a photo program. An easy one to use is Paint, which comes with the windows operating system. It's in your menu under windows accessories. You just choose "resize" and follow the prompts.
    Old 08-04-2017, 01:29 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bkay
    Unable to upload usually means your photo is too large. (The quilting board limits the size you can post.) You can shoot at a lower resolution which means adjusting the camera on your phone or you can send it to your computer and reduce the size there with a photo program. An easy one to use is Paint, which comes with the windows operating system. It's in your menu under windows accessories. You just choose "resize" and follow the prompts.
    Thanks for the input. I've been frustrated. I used to be on the board and never had a problem. Maybe they changed their requirements.
    Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 AM

No, it's more likely that your camera is a better camera and takes a larger (more detailed) photo. The default size on my camera is twice the size that quilting board allows. Over the last few years, the megapixels size of photos is at least 5X what it was just a few years ago, even on cheap cameras. Phone cameras have followed suit.

bkay
    Old 08-05-2017, 05:47 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by bkay
    No, it's more likely that your camera is a better camera and takes a larger (more detailed) photo. The default size on my camera is twice the size that quilting board allows. Over the last few years, the megapixels size of photos is at least 5X what it was just a few years ago, even on cheap cameras. Phone cameras have followed suit.

bkay
    Yeah, but it's the same camera I used when I was on the board several years ago. Maybe I have the settings changed. I'm not very learned on cameras OR vintage machines
    Old 08-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
    My husband got it unstuck.
    I have learned to not ask my husband to help me unscrew, unstick, or remove a part on a sewing machine. I have two desirable machines that I searched for, then let him convince me that he could "fix" something because he has experience "fixing" something on a car, mower, motorcycle, or rebuilding a carburetor. Both of those sewing machines are now in cardboard boxes in the shelves, and I do not think I can bring them back to life. I have found ways to balance a machine head upside down in an angled waste basket as I frequently apply Tri-flow to unstick a part.
    Old 08-05-2017, 09:11 AM

I wouldn't give up on your machines elnan, even if they have been handled way too brutally. These old straight stitchers are tough, and most things can be fixed, readjusted or even replaced if it comes to that. Like you I recommend patience and generally a gentle approach. Too much of a brute will leave unsightly marks and in the worst case damage, as I understand you have experienced first hand.

Last edited by Mickey2; 08-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.