Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Machine Displays/Arrangements >
  • Vintage Machine Displays/Arrangements

• Vintage Machine Displays/Arrangements

Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM

I'm only up to 4... 1 cabinet and 3 fws so not really much to display. Plus a toddler and preschooler puts a sm in peril around here, so i tnk they like to be tucked into their cabinet/cases, lol. But I sure do enjoy looking at all the collections!
    Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM

I decided to play along anyways.
    If I had my way, I would have the cabinet en and ready for sewing in my sewing nook and the featherweights displayed on a shelf next to it. I also want a robins egg blue singer,a treadle, a hand crank and one of those nifty, curving chain stitch pieces.

Eta: I see they are all missing the spool springs and felts... Which were handed to me 1x1 by my 14 mo over the last week while I was working with them. See? Machines on display are in peril, so they were all put away again for everyone's safety.

Last edited by misskira; 07-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Old 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Miss Kira - you can be the Featherweight Queen! What beauties!

Me too Charlee! I've noticed that a couple of swap threads I follow have been getting very few posts, unlike the usual steady flow. Maybe all this heat has made us sluggish. Can you PM anyone you know who has a great collection and ask them to post pictures? We only have 3 vintage machines and each is in a different room, so that doesn't really make for any kind of display.

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 07-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
    No Charlee they are here in the upstairs bedroom. They will never go out to the shop. I will take more pics when I clean up my sewing area and you can see all of them. I use the upstairs bedroom to piece with these machines. I should clean out a room for nothing but sewing. Ask Miriam she knows where they are... LOL

Skip
    Yup he has them all over the house. Very cool!
    Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
    Miss Kira - you can be the Featherweight Queen! What beauties!

Me too Charlee! I've noticed that a couple of swap threads I follow have been getting very few posts, unlike the usual steady flow. Maybe all this heat has made us sluggish. Can you PM anyone you know who has a great collection and ask them to post pictures? We only have 3 vintage machines and each is in a different room, so that doesn't really make for any kind of display.
    Lol, only by chance. And I have to pick 2 out of 3 to sell soon, unless hubby forgets. I can't decide which to keep. I bought one on cl for a fair price and had fun cleaning it up. Then I found 2 more in 2 weeks for $100 each and couldn't pass them up. They were in dirty shape and I had so much fun cleaning them up and putting fresh parts on. Buti really have no need for 3 so I figure someone else should get them so they all get used. The neighbor is having a garage sale this weekend... Maybe I should put them over there and keep the one that is there last.
    Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by misskira
    Lol, only by chance. And I have to pick 2 out of 3 to sell soon, unless hubby forgets. I can't decide which to keep. I bought one on cl for a fair price and had fun cleaning it up. Then I found 2 more in 2 weeks for $100 each and couldn't pass them up. They were in dirty shape and I had so much fun cleaning them up and putting fresh parts on. Buti really have no need for 3 so I figure someone else should get them so they all get used. The neighbor is having a garage sale this weekend... Maybe I should put them over there and keep the one that is there last.
    Sorry, I can't agree that you have no need for 3 FW machines. Your helpful 14 mos. will grow faster than you can blink an eye... watch and see. I started my GS out on my FW when he was just barely four and his sister when she was three. Now that he is six, I can let him sew on his own. It's just their size. Although, if you bought them at $100, you have stand a chance of making a profit. Oh, decisions, decisions.
    Old 07-12-2012, 07:40 PM

Great thread!!!!
    Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM

Your sewing machines/cabinets are all so beautiful! I also have a large collection of vintage machines and might post pics of them when I get the chance, hopefully, soon.
    Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Can't wait to see Lynn!!
    Old 07-13-2012, 03:32 PM

It's great to see how others handle the space problem that seems to come hand-in-hand with all these neat machines! When any of my family comes over and starts to ask how many more machines I think I can get into the house, I'm going to show them. Actually, I want to get rid of the TV and associated stuff (don't use it) and put another cabinet there.

Mine that get used are in my living room. Yes, there are others in line for some TLC elsewhere...okay, okay...crammed into what should be a dining room. (No garage or workshop here, and I never used it anyway!)

Mine are all hibernating since my current project isn't a quilt. The treadle is a Red Eye, and the Deco cabinet houses the 201. Next to the fireplace is my wonderful 15-91 in the straight-leg Queen Anne cabinet. The mismatch stool was a recent addition. In front of the fireplace are a couple of machines that are probably going to be for parts. Under my project table are the 301, "Rizzo" the pink Japanese machine, and the FW (who seems to be showing a bit of bobbin thread). Not the most elegant setup for them. I also need more shelves! On top of the project table are a couple of legs from the 99 cabinet I'm working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348874[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_1390.jpg   img_1391.jpg   img_1392.jpg