Vintage Machines

Old 09-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Banned

I'm very sad for you. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your favorite ones, though I know how hard it can be to choose.

Cari
Old 09-14-2014, 10:58 AM

I understand. I spent a year looking for a 301, finally found a 404 I like way better. Just a few months later a 301 fell in my lap. I'm giving it to one of the board members here. In my mind anything I can't or don't use is just a millstone, something to fill space that then becomes a crypt for 'stuff'.

Lighten up, fly high~
Old 09-14-2014, 05:39 PM

I am actually going to give a couple machines away and try to sell another. There just isn't room in this small house for everything.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:12 PM

It's a constant dilemna. The machines I LIKE, I want to keep and there are a LOT of them. The machines I am not so keen on, I sell. BUT I have a hard time selling them with a positive attitude if I don't like them hahaha! I have to remind myself that we are all unique and a machine that I don't personally like might be someone elses favorite!

Honestly, some machines I have held onto I don't even know how much I like them because I am spending all my time tinkering and hardly any time actually sewing! I have machines I have finished up and have not sewn on yet.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:26 PM

And Im Looking forward to give one a home!! A good one at that !! If u have enough, letting go of one shouldn't be so hard......who am I kidding??!? Of course it's hard to let one go especially if you have memories attached to them
Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts
I understand. I spent a year looking for a 301, finally found a 404 I like way better. Just a few months later a 301 fell in my lap. I'm giving it to one of the board members here. In my mind anything I can't or don't use is just a millstone, something to fill space that then becomes a crypt for 'stuff'.

Lighten up, fly high~
I thought I was the only one that liked the 404 better than the 301...

I gave away a bunch of Fashion Mates. Lovie, Wilbur and I cleaned, oiled and tested them. Wilbur had to learn to write works and tag the machines. I hope the school they went to uses them well. They wanted some all alike that do zig zag.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM

I'm "rehoming" most of mine - since I've run out of room in the house and DH is tired of tripping over them. Just got to get the building done before winter.

I know that some day (12-15 years from now) I'll be ready to retire and then I'll probably have to say "goodbye" to most of my collection. I'm sure I'll keep some . . . in the meantime, I'm studying and taking down notes and compiling information for others to use. Not too many people go after such a wide range of US machines like I've got.

I've got to stay focused and not keep looking for more machines that I can add to the collection. I can't "outgrow" my new building, so what doesn't fit will find new homes. I already have a bunch I don't want to keep. I hope once I've got things organized, people will occasionally stop by to see, and then maybe I can unload some of them.