Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Tomilu, if you only want a printed from the 'net manual, I found one online. Let me know and I'll find the site. It was a common one.

Your black is prettier than my tan, but AnnieRose sews very nicely so she's a keeper.
    I have downloaded a manual from ISMACS, but just thought I might get an original to go with the machine.
    Old 03-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Quiltncowgirl,

Congratulations. . . can't wait to see her!
    Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Tommi,
    She looks brand spankin' new. Congratulations!
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes, Nancy is great! She's always so quick on the ball to get an answer with additional educational info.

There's a whole big wonderful group here with lots of knowledge who were taught that sharing is good!!

Thanx to all of you!
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
    Tommi,
    She looks brand spankin' new. Congratulations!
    What you can't see is a 2" long deep scratch near the foot feed that is clear through the paint on one end. But then she is not all that much younger than I am and in better shape, lol.
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone for all your comments on Erma. The case sunned all day and hopefully tomorrow. I think I'll take her on my spring quilt retreat in NM.
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 PM

My neightbor's daughter has a teacher that took what look to be a beautiful treadel sewing machine and gutted it to make a saw for cutting glass in class. I have asked her what he intends to do with the parts and if he does not want them I told her I would take them.
    She did not know what brand of machine but her picture looks like it says Catonia. Kathie
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 PM

I am so excited, I picked up my new treadle today and it appears to be in really good shape. I need to get a belt for it, and find out how to oil it. The cabinet is in great shape in spite of having been painted.

The manual is crumbling, but says it was made in 1904 and is model # 939115, the machine says Standart. Does anyone know who made this machine, what type of needles and bobbins it uses, and any other info.?

Tommorrow I intend to read all the threads on cleaning and restoring these old beauties, since I am a complete newbie at this and know absolutely nothing about these vintage machines.
    Thanks in advance for any info. you can give me about my exciting new treasure!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-137122.jpe   attachment-137123.jpe  
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM

I am so excited, I picked up my new treadle today and it appears to be in really good shape. I need to get a belt for it, and find out how to oil it. The cabinet is in great shape in spite of having been painted.

The manual is crumbling, but says it was made in 1904 and is model # 939115, the machine says Standart. Does anyone know who made this machine, what type of needles and bobbins it uses, and any other info.?

Tommorrow I intend to read all the threads on cleaning and restoring these old beauties, since I am a complete newbie at this and know absolutely nothing about these vintage machines.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-137266.jpe   attachment-137267.jpe  
    Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by JaKnits

That is a beautiful machine. The decals look great. Enjoy her. Kathie