Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Look at the Adler! I'd love to have this machine, but won't pay that price!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2252895935.html
    Nancy
    Gee, I'm so glad it comes with its original "foots."
    Sorry, can't help myself
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Okay, Came to see the grandkids in Donnellson, Illinois. Got here from Louisiana on Sunday around 6pm. Monday picked up a singer in a coffin case, dated 1941 for $35.00 in Greenville. Went today to Litchfield and picked up a Kenmore Rotary (M#117552, S#384593) for $12.50 (it was half price) in a nice condition cabinet with all of the attachments, and even some things that do not go with this machine. Don't need it, just wanted it, and for the price... There was also a 505 Slant o matic singer in a really neat cabinet for $75.00. Really too big to fit in my car (I drive a Nisson Sentra) and to pricey. But would love to have the cabinet!!. Going out again tomorrow to look around at the other 4-5 places real close to here. I will leave here on Sunday, so I still have lots of time to look around, and there is still plenty of room left in the car!!!!!!
    Old 03-08-2011, 03:13 PM

OMG! I've been away from here for a bit and I think there are 200 pages for me to catch up on!!! Someone tell me if there are good pics to look at in these pages or am I safe to uh....er...look the other way (to the new posts coming)!!
    Love to look at everyone's new to them machines, so I've gone back about to 773 to look, but I still have to cook and clean and quilt. Can't spend all night here tonight! As much as I'd like to! I miss you all!!
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Thank you Ms Johnny for the info to use the Singer 12. But, the bobbin in this machine doesn't have the little holes to thread. Still trying to figure it out.

Here are some pictures, I put a piece of tape on the little lever at the bobbin winder to show that it flips from right to left to lock the bobbin winder. On the hand wheel it has a button that you move to lock the wheel or loosen it to wind the bobbin. (something new to me). We can not find any numbers or dates any where on the machine or the irons. It has a wooden pitman rod and no skirt guard. If any of you have any ideas let us know.
    Is it a Jones?
    http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/jones1.htm
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Thank you Ms Johnny for the infoHere are some pictures, I put a piece of tape on the little lever at the bobbin winder to show that it flips from right to left to lock the bobbin winder. On the hand wheel it has a button that you move to lock the wheel or loosen it to wind the bobbin. (something new to me). We can not find any numbers or dates any where on the machine or the irons. It has a wooden pitman rod and no skirt guard. If any of you have any ideas let us know.
    Be sure and send pictures of the machine when you get her cleaned up.
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Thank you Ms Johnny for the info to use the Singer 12. But, the bobbin in this machine doesn't have the little holes to thread. Still trying to figure it out.
    Try these:

Davis boat:

http://www.ismacs.net/solomon-davis/...ine-manual.pdf

Bradbury:

http://www.ismacs.net/bradbury/manua...ium-manual.pdf

Frister and Rossman:

http://www.ismacs.net/fristerandross...se-shuttle.pdf
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Send a email to [email protected] and tell them your specifics. Maybe even attach a few pics of it. And tell them you would like them to date it for you.
    Thats what I have done on both of mine just in the last couple of days and both of mine are from the 1800's.
    Hope this helps.
    Tammy
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

One of my new ones is the singer 12 fiddle base. I contacted the email addy I posted above here, and he dated the machine and sent me the directions to thread the machine and the bobbin. God Bless him.
    Tammy
    Old 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM

just came home from "the city" visiting. found 2 shops and 2 machines. first was a kenmore with a box of cams for $50, i left it there, just didnt ring my bell. LOL the other was a WINDSOR in the most beautiful cabinet, i thought id died and gone to heaven. someone had been in earlier and put a deposit on it. OOOOOO what a punch!. they will call me if the other person doesnt show. never heard of a windsor, but it was a beautiful ma hine, very well cared for. had a long bobbin, i havent seen one of those except in pictures. had my heart racing. oh well, next time.
    Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/atq/2254757584.html

Has anyone heard of a Whippet sewing machine? If anyone is interested. I have heard of Whippet cars but not sewing machines.