Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 AM

kapatt, according to the serial number he gives, it is a 128K, 20,000 alloted on Dec. 1, 1920...
    He hasn't answered me on the price he's asking tho...
    Old 06-06-2010, 06:48 AM

I can't wait to find out if he repsonds to your question. I certainly hope it was a typo and he doesn't really expect to get that price. If he does get it, I will ask him to sell one of my mahines and I will buy even more!!! LOL :mrgreen:
    Old 06-06-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
    I am amazed at the prices on Ebay that people want for vintage machines. But this one made me look twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. What about this machine could make it worth what they are wanting???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Antique-...item2c5498a4fc

I saw this one, they are obviously reserving the right to determine if they get an offer for what they actually want for the machine. At first I thought it was a typo, then I decided they were leaving themselves an out if the price offered was not sufficient. Thus no $.99 sells.
    Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 AM

I have a Singer 15-90 that I treadle. I took the motor off and it treadles beautifully.
    Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 AM

OOps I forgot to add the picture.
    Here's the link to my Singer 15-90.
    Sharon W.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719RNXVPG
    Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kapatt
    Originally Posted by SherriB
    I am amazed at the prices on Ebay that people want for vintage machines. But this one made me look twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. What about this machine could make it worth what they are wanting???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Antique-...item2c5498a4fc
    laughing....
    What is really funny is that they don't know what they own. It is not a model 128 like they say in their ad. Model 128 has the long shuttle boat type bobbins, not the round bobbins.
    Here is a link to one in Singer's manual...scroll down to see the picture. http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/manuals/127-128.pdf
    Its a 99K according to the Singer data and its a 1923 model with 40,000 of them allotted that run. But thats some good I spy going on there K!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy
    Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 AM

OK going to have to try again later. I took pictures, put the S card in the new gadget and it pulled them up, then saved them to my documents. I click of my other folders and they caome up with a jpg number,. but when I click on this machien folder, it has like 001,002, adn it won't open to put here when I browse. So still can't get the pictures on here. I am still trying.
    Old 06-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Another thrift shop purchase. This is a small machine, not much bigger than a featherweight ---but about 2 + times heavier. It is a Singer 285K. Used very little if any, dry of oil, no lint the only fault is the stitch regulator cover is broken. Does anyone out there have a clue where I could get a replacement? Check pics.
    Ruth
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-80380.jpe   attachment-80381.jpe  
    Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM

How cute is that !!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure some one will know how to replace that part.
    Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cabinqltr
    Another thrift shop purchase. This is a small machine, not much bigger than a featherweight ---but about 2 + times heavier. It is a Singer 285K. Used very little if any, dry of oil, no lint the only fault is the stitch regulator cover is broken. Does anyone out there have a clue where I could get a replacement? Check pics.
    Ruth
    Its a shame that its broken, but I bet if you keep your eyes peeled you can find one on eBay.

Funny thing about this machine.......The 285's were Singer worst machine when it came to quality control. I have been is several discussions about it and everyone came up with the same consensus, Singer dropped the ball with this one!

But I would not let that discourage me from owning one. I would like to say I had a 285 just because I like the style and color of it.

Billy