• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Originally Posted by jljack
    Well, I'm in CA, would love to have it, will be in No. CA at the TOGA in 10 days....but no extra $$$. So, I feel WORSE...within striking distance, and no MOOLA!!!! WOE IS ME!!! :(
    You guys are funny! No, I didn't put them in the Classified section. Just decided today that I have to part with a couple treadles after rearranging them so I could use my sewing/guest room again as a guest room! It is so hard everytime we have overnight company and I have to make space in my sewing room for the murphy bed to come down!

Nope, they wouldn't survive shipping. Those machines are in great shape and the cabinets are in great shape. No veneer peeling on them! I'm going to list them on Craigslist, although, if any of you want to make a trip to Northern California to get one of them, I'd put the murphy bed down for ya!

Nancy
    Nancy...how far are you from say...Chico?
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM

This machine is up on CL near me for $20. Someone should jump on it. Not me, but it looks like a cool one.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-249784.jpe  
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
    This machine is up on CL near me for $20. Someone should jump on it. Not me, but it looks like a cool one.
    Where is outer space?
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM

Outer space - just too far!
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM

Hehe:> Sorry, I live near Sacramento:>
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Hehe:> Sorry, I live near Sacramento:>
    What is the address of the listing on Craig's list? I live just outside of Sacramento. Kathie
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
    Originally Posted by justtrish
    Ok...so I have started cleaning my treasures. Problem#1 on my 99k it seems like my belt has swollen in size and once the guard is back in place I am unable to get my machine to run. The belt sits in such a way that the bobbin winder rests right on it.....

I await your suggestions :)
    If you got the belt wet with kerosene, it will swell up. You need to remove all rubber base products before you start to clean with a petroleum product.
    That's interesting. I had the belt off.. I will change the belt anyway as a new belt couldn't hurt!

Thanks
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM

Kathie, I posted the photo because his ad doesn't have a picture listed. But, here you go. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2575991590.html You can e-mail him via the ad.

Here's another Greybar listed for $10, though it looks to be in rougher shape and missing the plate. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2576187353.html
    Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM

Well, the $3.50 vintage sewing machine works well. It is a Universal but just sews zigzag so I cannot gift it to the intended lady because she wants one that straight stitches (zz optional) so now what? It sews like a charm but I already have a vntage ZZ machine. I did clean it up and oil her some but it probably needs more oil than just tonight's drink. Am open to suggestions. AARRGGHHH!!!
    Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
    Banned

Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy