Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
    Pictures of my "new' two spools. Someone wanted a specific photo, if none of these show what it is you wanted to see, let me know.
    Congrats!! Pretty machine and cabinet.
    You will love piecing with this machine.
    Please show off your first project in the thread on quilts made using vintage machines. I love seeing all quilts and other projects there.
    Have fun treadling!
    Old 09-06-2011, 03:15 PM

How do I find the thread on quilts made with vintage machines?????
    Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lovelyl
    How do I find the thread on quilts made with vintage machines?????
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm
    Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Pictures of my "new' two spools. Someone wanted a specific photo, if none of these show what it is you wanted to see, let me know.
    That is beautiful!!! Love the machine (I so want one!!!) and the cabinet is exquisite!! Good for you!!
    I just think our ancestors dropped the ball on this one! Two spools should have taken off! But I'll bet they were too expensive for most households.
    Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful
    That is beautiful!!! Love the machine (I so want one!!!) and the cabinet is exquisite!! Good for you!!
    I just think our ancestors dropped the ball on this one! Two spools should have taken off! But I'll bet they were too expensive for most households.
    Now days, I doubt if they have the engineering skills to produce one that would actually work for very long.
    Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
    Now days, I doubt if they have the engineering skills to produce one that would actually work for very long.
    Oh, I agree. If it isn't made with plastic, who could do it?? LOL!
    Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
    Oh, I agree. If it isn't made with plastic, who could do it?? LOL!
    We have lost an awful lot of the machinists we had in this country. So it would be in another country. It would cost a small fortune to get a sewing machine built like those old machined made sewing machines. I can't believe how cheap we can find them. So much has been lost - here's to saving a few pennies on manufacturing or planned obsolescence. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 PM

[quote=miriam][quote=vintagemotif][quote=QuiltnCowgirl][quote=jljack]
    Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Originally Posted by jljack
    Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Don't laugh! You are rubbing off on me! LOL I am even thinking about how to do some rearranging in my sewing room so I could have room for one. You can tell me what you think Friday, "oh great queen of fitting lots of machines in your room". :mrgreen:

I'm not the queen, but I bet ya can fit one more treadle in your sewing room.
    My command center, as my husband calls it, is about 2 1/2 yds by

about 1 3/4 yds and has 5 treadles, four of which have machines sitting up ready to use and the other treadle has my cutting matt and other items sitting on top. Chair sits in center. Bit of a mess right now since I have multiple projects going on.
    Would you have more room if you got rid of the chair? I use a drum stool for my industrial and I use benches for everything else.
    ummmm my finger slipped
    Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM

[quote=miriam][quote=vintagemotif][quote=QuiltnCowgirl][quote=jljack]
    Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

Don't laugh! You are rubbing off on me! LOL I am even thinking about how to do some rearranging in my sewing room so I could have room for one. You can tell me what you think Friday, "oh great queen of fitting lots of machines in your room". :mrgreen:

My command center, as my husband calls it, is about 2 1/2 yds by

about 1 3/4 yds and has 5 treadles, four of which have machines sitting up ready to use and the other treadle has my cutting matt and other items sitting on top. Chair sits in center. Bit of a mess right now since I have multiple projects going on.
    Would you have more room if you got rid of the chair? I use a drum stool for my industrial and I use benches for everything else.
    No you didn't tell her to get rid of the chair...lol

:-D :-D :D
    Old 09-06-2011, 05:18 PM

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=QuiltnCowgirl][quote=jljack][quote=QuiltnCowgirl]

My command center, as my husband calls it, is about 2 1/2 yds by about 1 3/4 yds and has 5 treadles, four of which have machines sitting up ready to use and the other treadle has my cutting matt and other items sitting on top. Chair sits in center. Bit of a mess right now since I have multiple projects going on.
    That room looks like a lot of fun!