• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Since Charlee started posting links for CL finds. Here is one from my area. I would be glad to go look and pick up whatever you purchase :-D :-D :-D

Negotiate well!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1789306302.html

And a treadle industrial.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1789306302.html
    No Fair! I live in Texas now, just a bit too far to drive now.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I would be glad to pick them up for you. 8-)
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM

This may have been posted already, but it now has an explanation for the price. Seems like we were wondering if it was a mistake or not, or this may even be a different machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just thought it was interesting.
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Katia
    This may have been posted already, but it now has an explanation for the price. Seems like we were wondering if it was a mistake or not, or this may even be a different machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just thought it was interesting.
    ~laffin~ He just wants to recoup some of the money he lost to that bullpucky!! Why didn't he explain the price to begin with?
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Lisa,
    Don't help me. rofl I have barely enough room now. :D
    Sharon
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Hi, everyone - I didn't look at this thread when it was first posted, as I thought I would never need it. Then I won a FW (white) on ebay on Sunday and I have spent the last two days reading ALL the posts!

I now have the heebyjeebies having read such horror stories about machines being badly packed for shipping. I live in Ireland, and my FW is coming from the UK. It's only the second one I have found within my price range with a motor voltage that will work here.

I am hugely envious at the prices most of you canny shoppers have managed to get your machines for. We don't have anything like Craigs List here or in the UK. I also looked at Billy's tutorial, and realised that perhaps I could clean up the old machine I have just on a bookshelf as decoration, so I've had a closer look this afternoon. It's a Seidel & Naumann, made in Germany (one Google site said in Dresden). Sold in London, from 23 Moor Lane EC. Model number 339, but I can't find any other kind of number anywhere- It has a boat shaped bobbin holder (and long bobbin) but desperately needs cleaning up, then perhaps the decals would be prettier. I can't get any Dojo here that doesn't have pumice in it, so could anyone help with a supplier I might get it from in the USA please? Many thanks.
    I have taken some pics of the S&N, and promise to post them, and please will you all keep your fingers crossed that my little white FW makes it here in one, undamaged piece?

I have bought about 10 machines off of eBay and not one of them has been damaged. One even traveled to Timbucto and back before I received it. No problem. However, I will cross my fingers for you.
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:12 AM

that explanaition sounds like a wonderful fairy tale. lol
    Sharon
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Lisa,
    Don't help me. rofl I have barely enough room now. :D
    Sharon
    I have the same problem. I don't seem to have the willpower to stop. I have to quit drinking Billy's special coffee.

I have the same problem, spending too much money, and the garage is getting full as I am getting dirty old machines with cabinets in various states. I have lots of work to do!!!

I won a white in a martha washington cabinet from Goodwill that I pick up on Friday.

Then found this on CL today and she called me back right away. She knows nothing about sewing machines and am not sure it is all there. But I am going to get it tonight for $15. Does anyone know what model it is? If I could afford it, this may be one I could send to Billy for one of those fancy paint jobs..... ;)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/atq/1790977681.html
    Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM

I have two Necci's that look just like that. Necchi's can be great machines. There is a good users group on Yahoo that can help you with what ever you need. Info, parts, whatever. The two I have are BU's.
    Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Aurora
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Hi, everyone - I didn't look at this thread when it was first posted, as I thought I would never need it. Then I won a FW (white) on ebay on Sunday and I have spent the last two days reading ALL the posts!

I now have the heebyjeebies having read such horror stories about machines being badly packed for shipping. I live in Ireland, and my FW is coming from the UK. It's only the second one I have found within my price range with a motor voltage that will work here.

I am hugely envious at the prices most of you canny shoppers have managed to get your machines for. We don't have anything like Craigs List here or in the UK. I also looked at Billy's tutorial, and realised that perhaps I could clean up the old machine I have just on a bookshelf as decoration, so I've had a closer look this afternoon. It's a Seidel & Naumann, made in Germany (one Google site said in Dresden). Sold in London, from 23 Moor Lane EC. Model number 339, but I can't find any other kind of number anywhere- It has a boat shaped bobbin holder (and long bobbin) but desperately needs cleaning up, then perhaps the decals would be prettier. I can't get any Dojo here that doesn't have pumice in it, so could anyone help with a supplier I might get it from in the USA please? Many thanks.
    I have taken some pics of the S&N, and promise to post them, and please will you all keep your fingers crossed that my little white FW makes it here in one, undamaged piece?

I have bought about 10 machines off of eBay and not one of them has been damaged. One even traveled to Timbucto and back before I received it. No problem. However, I will cross my fingers for you.
    Thank you, you have managed to put my mind at rest a little bit, I shall just have to be patient now, until it arrives. Going to you via Timbuctoo seems a little extreme though.
    Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
    I have two Necci's that look just like that. Necchi's can be great machines. There is a good users group on Yahoo that can help you with what ever you need. Info, parts, whatever. The two I have are BU's.
    Katia, just from the picture that is what I am thinking it is. Well, I will get better pictures to post after I pick it up tonight. But have to go to the laundramat too so may be tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.