• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Originally Posted by Charlee
    Originally Posted by Celeste
    Originally Posted by miriam
    Climate controlled since bought it new in 1903?
    LMAO!! Meaning it's always been kept in the house...what's unique about that?
    Unfortunately, some of these grand ladies have not been treated as well. Note that some have been found in barns and on porches.
    I'm well aware, but the majority that we see have always been kept inside...
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Originally Posted by Celeste
    Originally Posted by miriam
    Climate controlled since bought it new in 1903?
    LMAO!! Meaning it's always been kept in the house...what's unique about that?
    Unfortunately, some of these grand ladies have not been treated as well. Note that some have been found in barns and on porches.
    I'm well aware, but the majority that we see have always been kept inside...
    he he - it is called MARKETING.
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by grammydar
    Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Grammydar,
    What's your other treadle machine? The Singer 66-1 red eye is pretty. Sometimes a machine won't pick up the bobbin thread because its either not threaded correctly or the needle isn't in correctly.
    Sharon W.
    According to this board I have the 66 and 2-that are 127.
    I have gotten both 127's working, but the 66 isn't picking up the bobbin and I don't have instructions for it.

Darlene
    Try retheading your machine, try changing your needle, take out the bobbin and put it back in. Kathie
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:58 PM

I found a really sad 1922 Singer Red Eye awhile back. Her case was shot and she had been where water had reached her underside. Here she is when I got her. She needs the spa treatment badly !!

Texas Jan
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271303.jpe   attachment-271304.jpe   attachment-271305.jpe  
    Old 10-14-2011, 04:03 PM

I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271306.jpe   attachment-271307.jpe  
    Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
    I am speechless!
    Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Texas Jan
    Just beautiful! Did you get a repro wheel and hand crank? Or were they salvaged from another machine? Glenn's case is a great setting for it. :)
    Old 10-14-2011, 04:46 PM

Texas Jan
    That was a NICE deal. Glenn did an excellent job! And your machine looks beautiful in the custom box.
    Old 10-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett

Texas Jan
    Just beautiful! Did you get a repro wheel and hand crank? Or were they salvaged from another machine? Glenn's case is a great setting for it. :)
    It is a reproduction hand crank. It had gold lettering in Chinese, but I painted over it. It is not near as good a crank as the original. It makes a noise that sounds like a frog croaking when you turn it. I need to try to put some more lubricant on it to quiet it down.

Texas Jan
    Old 10-14-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Texas Jan
    That was a NICE deal. Glenn did an excellent job! And your machine looks beautiful in the custom box.
    He did do a wonderful job and she looks proud in it.

Texas Jan