Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 PM

It's official - you people are a BAD influence!!! :) Lol*

This is the second Singer 15-91 I've picked up. This one has a knee bar but is missing the power cord. Everything else looks to be alright. Nothing seems frozen or nonfunctional, but the rubber cord that goes from the - motor to the power cord plug? - is looking cracked...is this safe to plug in if I replace the power cord? If not, is this a terribly difficult thing for me to fix myself?
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-279092.jpe  
    Old 10-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
    It's official - you people are a BAD influence!!! :) Lol*
    Don't I know it! I picked up the treadle I asked about recently, from a really nice lady. If I recall correctly, she had picked it up from CL too, but figured she wouldn't be able to get to it. She does have a Singer treadle, I believe, the one she learned on, but says it needs some work. I told her about this place and invited her to join us. So. we'll see.

It may be a while before I can get to my newest girl....
    Old 10-29-2011, 07:58 PM

:oops: I was asking about a machine I thought was closer. I'm not going to pay $41 for shipping on a machine with questionable decals.
    Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 PM

JUST WRONG!!
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/hsh/2662373565.html
    Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 AM
    Power Poster

The machine on ebay will treadle like it is. The wheel it comes with has a notch in it for the belt. The smaller hand wheel from a 401a will not fit that machine so it has the correct hand wheel on it now. We removed the motor from the 401g, put a washer inside to give the belt more space and put the belt on snug. It treadles. Some people file out more belt room on the machine and on the wheel. I couldn't bring myself to do that. As rare as those machines are I would want that much for mine, too.
    Old 10-30-2011, 02:32 AM
    Power Poster

like to I dressed up my sewing machine just for fun...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164335-1.htm#4593814
    please post a picture
    Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Oh my goodness that is a big heartbreaking isn't it? Lol*
    Old 10-30-2011, 05:01 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
    Originally Posted by Candace
    Oh my goodness that is a big heartbreaking isn't it? Lol*
    you are right - it's wrong.
    Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 AM

Thought I would introduce you to my newest "lost cause" project. She is a Singer Fiddleback Model 12 and what is left of her cabinet. She was listed on Craigslist and after bugging her lister for a couple of months he finally came off his price to where I would buy her. I could see in his pictures that she had a shuttle, and he confirmed there was a bobbin in it. It all turned, so that was good. She has been living outside under the edge of a shed, enduring all the weather that Texas can dish out, for the past 10 years. I couldn't leave her there, so I finally got her not too long ago. She is in various states of restoration right now, but here she is when I got her. She will have to be a repaint, but I have no choice. Her shuttle had a broken and missing tension piece, so I AM LOOKING FOR A SHUTTLE!! Does anyone have one????? Her Serial number is 4393512 dating her back to about 1881.

Texas Jan
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-279203.jpe   attachment-279204.jpe   attachment-279205.jpe   attachment-279206.jpe  
    Old 10-30-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    Thought I would introduce you to my newest "lost cause" project. She is a Singer Fiddleback Model 12 and what is left of her cabinet. She was listed on Craigslist and after bugging her lister for a couple of months he finally came off his price to where I would buy her. I could see in his pictures that she had a shuttle, and he confirmed there was a bobbin in it. It all turned, so that was good. She has been living outside under the edge of a shed, enduring all the weather that Texas can dish out, for the past 10 years. I couldn't leave her there, so I finally got her not too long ago. She is in various states of restoration right now, but here she is when I got her. She will have to be a repaint, but I have no choice. Her shuttle had a broken and missing tension piece, so I AM LOOKING FOR A SHUTTLE!! Does anyone have one?????

Texas Jan
    Nice save!! Wish I could help with the shuttle problem, I have a few extras, but not for that machine! :(