Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    I never liked that pattern either and I don't care for the bow tie pattern.

I don't like the bow tie either. Too nerdy looking for me.
    Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM

anyone near albany looking for a fiddlebase?

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/2825028164.html
    Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Default Bernina 117L

Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
    FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.
    Old 02-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I like the fabrics in the axehead or apple core quilt. But I must be the only person on this planet that dislikes this pattern since it reminds me of a woman's sanitary napkin.
    OMG!!!! I will never be able to look at the apple core pattern again without thinking the same thing now! Thanks Monica!!!!! LOL

Nancy
    Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM

No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
    FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.
    Chris, why don't you go on the yahoo group for Bernina and see what they know
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=Charlee;4948455]YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
    No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL
    ok so rub it in
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
    ok so rub it in
    Ok, my bad just could not resist
    Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
    Power Poster

[QUOTE=Glenn;4949591]
    Originally Posted by Charlee
    YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.
    sheesh, I should bring some old ladies down to your place - buy them here and sell them there...