Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Bojangles, I stocked vending machine for 8 years, 2 were coffee machines. I saved all the coffee grinds and threw them all over the yard. It gets rid of slugs and it is good cafene for all plants. Go to a local coffee shop and collect theirs for free.

I friend offered me a 319 singer in a small cabinet with all the cams and feet for $375, I countered offered $150. What is it worth?
    Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
    Hmmm. None of my 301's have problem with the thread wrapping around the bobbin assembly. Interesting.

Do you have a problem with temperature control and the storage of machines? I know, last summer I kept one machine in the attic and the heat cracked the bobbin fill doughnut and then I wondered what it might be doing to belts etc. so I brought it back in the house. I have 2 huge attics that I could use for storage, but I don't think the cold and heat is good for the machines? Have you had any issues?
    The machines I got were not stored well.
    Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
    Bojangles, I stocked vending machine for 8 years, 2 were coffee machines. I saved all the coffee grinds and threw them all over the yard. It gets rid of slugs and it is good cafene for all plants. Go to a local coffee shop and collect theirs for free.

I friend offered me a 319 singer in a small cabinet with all the cams and feet for $375, I countered offered $150. What is it worth?
    I'd like to know that too.
    Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM

I saw one in an antique store with drawers full of attachments and notions...I counted at least 20 packs of needles for the machine...they were asking $125.00. I passed in favor of the 115...
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Well, certainly NOT the $375!! Goodness!! Maybe $100, or maybe less depending on condition, how many you can find in your area, what you are willing to pay, how hard it is for you to transport, etc. etc. etc. Sooooo many variables!!! Hard to say, really. If you are willing to pay $150 and think that's a good deal, then it is. To you. That's the real value.....what it is to you.
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM

He said he could get more for it… it looked in good shape but I want a DVF. I guess I’ll just wait.
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
    Power Poster

I wonder if you can get one in working order for $100 - $150?
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

He said he could get more for it… it looked in good shape but I want a DVF. I guess I’ll just wait.
    There are a couple of Davis VFs on eBay right now...not in cabinets, but they are around complete. I saw one in AZ on Craigslist, but that's way too far for me. Maybe not for you, though.
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
    I wonder if you can get one in working order for $100 - $150?
    I got a Davis New VF in treadle cabinet working perfectly with some attachments, cabinet needs a little work (painted and small spots veneer lifting) for $125.
    Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM

TWO SPOOL ALERT/REDDING, CA!!!!

http://redding.craigslist.org/atq/2964142728.html