Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Went a got a very nice Singer 31-20 treadle machine to day! It is so fun to work on a machine that was never abused. It was dirty, but not really dirty, just dusty. The veneer on the top is a lost cause, but I will take off the loose veneer and sand and stain. If I don't like it after that, I can always buy a sheet and re-veneer it. Don't know how much it would cost for that big a sheet, though. The machine turns very smooth.

My darling kids got me chocolate for mothers day, because "it is more practical than flowers"! Laura
    Old 05-13-2012, 07:32 PM

I've seen that one in person. It's pretty clean, as I recall. Laura

Originally Posted by grayhare
    I hope everyone is having a Happy Mother's Day. This is a nice one, I like it. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hsh/3013700068.html
    Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM

31-20? That's an industrial correct?, looks kinda like a long arm home machine? Would love to see some pictures of it.
    Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn
    Weedwoman needs the bobbin case so try not to loose it in the stash you have. You are a nice person and Happy Mother's Day Miriam.

It's some kind of INTERVENTION.... my Mom & my Sister are just itching to re-organize everything while I am working this week... Now I KNOW I'll never find anything again. I hope they label everything. I should just let them organize motors and foot controls or something... They can't move machines - too heavy. It's the little things they want to get into... ARGH - makes me very nervous - oh well I can't find anything anyway. I need to look for some high shank feet again - I couldn't find them on the quick look see. I saw that bobbin case yesterday but I'm betting I put it in the box I took over to the shop to try to re-unite with the other parts from that machine.
    Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 AM

I love old sewing machines!
    Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
    It's some kind of INTERVENTION.... my Mom & my Sister are just itching to re-organize everything while I am working this week... Now I KNOW I'll never find anything again. I hope they label everything. I should just let them organize motors and foot controls or something... They can't move machines - too heavy. It's the little things they want to get into... ARGH - makes me very nervous - oh well I can't find anything anyway. I need to look for some high shank feet again - I couldn't find them on the quick look see. I saw that bobbin case yesterday but I'm betting I put it in the box I took over to the shop to try to re-unite with the other parts from that machine.
    Here's hoping you find the bobbin case for the MW (but no pressure), lol
    Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Here's hoping you find the bobbin case for the MW (but no pressure), lol
    I just put it in the box I took over last night - trying to get all the parts in one place... came home and you wanted it.
    Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 AM

I just put it in the box I took over last night - trying to get all the parts in one place... came home and you wanted it.
    Isn't that always how it goes? I'm scared to clean my sewing room because I'll never remember where I put anything (been there, done that) so not fun and very frustrating.
    Old 05-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Speaking of Elnas have you seen this one, Nancy? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/3003633736.html I'm betting it will need the inner pulley resurfaced, but it looks to be in nice shape with lots of discs:>
    I thought that only the green Elnas had the pulleys that needed replacement/resurfacing.
    Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 AM

Miriam, you need Cathy (Mizkaki) to organize your sewing stuff! She is so organized, she can go straight to whatever a person asks for! Her garage has cabinets, storage containers, shelves, - everything has a place! It amazes me to see all that she has and how easy it is for her to find things!

Nancy