Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-10-2010, 02:13 AM
    Power Poster

Billy, can we see a pic of your new (incredible bargain) FW and the other one your sister brought for you please?
    Old 10-10-2010, 04:47 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Billy, can we see a pic of your new (incredible bargain) FW and the other one your sister brought for you please?
    Not a problem here is the thread for my FW........

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-67494-2.htm#1698917

And let me take a couple of the 237M (Fashion Mate) and I will post them in a bit

Billy
    Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 AM

[quote=Miz Johnny
    She'd make a lovely hand crank! ;-)[/quote]

Miz Johnny do you ever keep the motor and put a hand crank so you can use either way?

I am afraid if we take off the motor there will be an ugly spot where the motor and plug in were? She is so perfect right now, I don't want to mess her up in any way!

Nancy
    Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
    I am afraid if we take off the motor there will be an ugly spot where the motor and plug in were? She is so perfect right now, I don't want to mess her up in any way!

Nancy
    No it will not, you should just have the one bolt that holds the entire assembly on the machine. Just carefully unscrew it and take the motor and bracket off then bolt the handcrank in place and your good.

Billy
    Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm not getting updates.
    Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Nancy, your 99 is great hope, you enjoy sewing on her. So I am finally putting pictures of the 99K we bought Wednesday. The woman that owned it had it stored in an old old bread delivery truck with piles of stuff on top might be why it stayed in good shape. It hasn't been cleaned yet just oiled and lube. Did try and sew and she sews like a (Singer). I might not keep it due to the fact that I have a Bel-air that is a copy of the 99K and has occupied Japan stamped on it.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-112484.jpe   attachment-112485.jpe   attachment-112555.jpe  
    Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Nancy, your 99 is great hope, you enjoy sewing on her. So I am finally putting pictures of the 99K we bought Wednesday. The woman that owned it had it stored in an old old bread delivery truck with piles of stuff on top might be why it stayed in good shape. It hasn't been cleaned yet just oiled and lube. Did try and sew and she sews like a (Singer). I might not keep it due to the fact that I have a Bel-air that is a copy of the 99K and has occupied Japan stamped on it.
    Trish she is in great shape! She looks just like my other 99K, except my 1956 99K is in a small cabinet. I love the 99K's, and the Spartan's -- even though, I don't own a Spartan now. I still can't believe the little 99K from 1936 that I got yesterday is a 99K! It is so much fancier than any 99K I have ever seen before.

I'd keep that machine if I were you. My grandkids love to sew on the small machines, and those 99K's are perfect for them. Plus, your 99K has a stitch length regulator and it backs up. The one I got yesterday is old enough that it doesn't have the stitch regulator, nor does it go backwards.

What year is your 99K?

Nancy
    Old 10-10-2010, 03:17 PM

Hello Billy and Friends BUY or PASS?

I have an opportunity to purchase these, and wonder if I should. I want them all right, but I want to sew on them. I have alot of experience with mid-century (20th) machines, but am unsure if I could fix, identify problems or get them to work. What do you think buy or pass?

Two Antique sewing machines one an Elias HOWE of NYC model from the Mid Eighteen Hundreds and a Wheeler & Wilson from later in the Eighteen Hundreds.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-89725.jpe   attachment-89839.jpe   attachment-89840.jpe   attachment-89841.jpe  
    Old 10-10-2010, 03:28 PM

Can someone tell me how I can get pics into this section ...Vintage Machine shop? I see they just came up on the Main. Thanks for any help. Mary M
    Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mary M
    Can someone tell me how I can get pics into this section ...Vintage Machine shop? I see they just came up on the Main. Thanks for any help. Mary M
    Vintage Machine Shop is a virtual section. Each thread within it actually lives in one of the "real" sections, such has Main. After you post a new topic, you can add it to the virtual section. Look near the top of the page for the link to do this.