• Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by damaquilts
    Ok can I officially cry now? I just took the back off the motor section of the 6430 and found this...
    I think if someone wants them with all their attachements etc I would just give them to them if they paid for shipping.
    Thats how sick I feel right now.
    Can you find just the motor to put in it? It looks like if you can do that the rest should follow suit. The needle bar looks good and the rest of the machine looks like it is in good condition.

I say save it!!!

If you want to see the one that kicked my butt here it is.......Singer 185J that sat in water for 20 years.

Billy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-38247.jpe   attachment-38248.jpe   attachment-38249.jpe  
    Old 05-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Well, on our trip to play with the grandkids and see the kids, we had to allow for a lookie loo at the CL just to see who was selling vintage sewing machines. Here is my 2nd treadle. I am super pleased with it. :-o

Ooops, my mistake, this really is my third treadle. I think this will be my last. Although I just saw a new one today... it could be hopeless for me not to just take a peek each day. :oops:
    Sweet, I love the shape of the bed.
    Old 05-14-2010, 05:35 PM

And you messed with it Billy. I think I would have just used it for a doorstop. I have to get the needlebar moving its stuck as is the hand wheel. maybe if I just clean off all the white stuff I can get it running again. I am still going to rehome all my machines but a few. I just can't stand to see more go like this.
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 PM

serial number is AH629264 appears to be 1948 out of 15000 batch so its a 201?
    I need to bring it up and get better pictures, we can't quite access it where it is
    The treadle is in terrible shape and needs a cabinet. Can't get to the front until Sunday for a better picture.

Ann

treadle
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38031[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-38028.jpe   attachment-38029.jpe   attachment-38030.jpe   attachment-38031.jpe  
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:34 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by damaquilts
    And you messed with it Billy. I think I would have just used it for a doorstop.
    Oh you have no idea as to how bad it was. I was wanting to save the case and build it back but I could not get the main shaft out of it to be able to do the rebuild and repaint. I ended up taking everything off of it that I could save (wasnt much) and tossing it. It just about killed me to do that. But I did every trick I knew to get it apart.

Billy
    Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I need to bring it up and get better pictures, we can't quite access it where it is
    The treadle is in terrible shape and needs a cabinet. Can't get to the front until Sunday for a better picture.

Ann
    Yes it is a 201 and a nice one at that!!! The treadle is the one you have your work cut out for you, but it looks like it would clean up really nice. Congratulations on your acquisitions!!

Billy
    Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Brush and thimble, nice machines. Can't wait to see the after pictures. Congratulations :D
    Old 05-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Okay, I have a sickness. I got two more machines today. The Singer 30 was not as nice as the pictures or I dreamed, but I got it anyway. I have to have help to unload from the car. I don't want to hurt my back again. So it will be a 2nd or third project.

But I also got this one "vintage?" for free, Singer Model 337 made in Great Britian. It is not working. I thought it may just be something loose because I heard something rattling in the machine. Well it was a lovely marble. How do you suppose that got in there?

The hand wheel turn but nothing else does. So this will be a pretty machine to sit on the shelf for awhile.

Baby blue Singer 337
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38641[/ATTACH]

Look what I found when took bottom plate
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38642[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-38641.jpe   attachment-38642.jpe  
    Old 05-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble

Ann
    Ann, it looks like you have your work cut out on your machines. It seems amazing the decals on your treadle look fairly decent considering the shape the rest of it is in.

Looking forward to seeing you 'after' photos.

Linda
    Old 05-14-2010, 09:47 PM

Lisa, what a pretty shade of green your Singer is. ;-)