Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Old 07-20-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by vanginney
    Love the purple! I would like to do that to a FW but I would need more that one before I would take the plunge. I just finished cleaning up two baby blue sewing machines...o natural Here are the pics. The white took a whole bottle of WD40 and i eventually had to lightly scrub the caked on oil with steel wool. Nothing else worked!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]417454[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]417453[/ATTACH]
    LOVE these! That Singer is the same model that I received for my 9th birthday. Still have it & it still works beautifully! Love the purple too!
    Old 07-21-2013, 07:15 AM

Grant15Clone....really nice job. I restored one too and it's very satisfying. By the time you've taken apart everything, rewired, etc...you can fix nearly any machine. Super job!!!! and one of my favorite machines of all time.
    Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 AM

I bought a 930 several years ago. The woman selling it had an 830 that she really loved. Someone talked her into buying a new 930. She took one class on it and never used it again. She was developing macular degeneration and felt that her old 830 was more familiar to her. So I got this virtually new machine for $950. I love this machine. My Bernina dealer told me that this machine was intended to be the work horse of the Bernina line and was hoped to be its best selling machine. However, it has 30 something different materials used in the mechanics and proved to be to expensive to make for a reasonable price. So it was nit produced for very many years. Love it!!! You really got a bargin!
    Old 07-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DanofNJ
    Grant15Clone....really nice job. I restored one too and it's very satisfying. By the time you've taken apart everything, rewired, etc...you can fix nearly any machine. Super job!!!! and one of my favorite machines of all time.
    Thanks Dan. It is more intimidating than it really is.
    I lucked into a deal that I couldn't pass up AGAIN today. I found a Minnesota H in a parlor cabinet that just had to come home with me for a really good price. I'm in the doghouse tonight I am sure, but when I see a good deal, I have to take it.
    ~G~
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]425284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]425286[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails imag0031chalf.jpg   img_0395.jpg  
    Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Grant,

Beautiful machine and cabinet. It would have come home with me too if reasonably priced. Hope the doghouse is air-conditioned.
    Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Actually, a consequence of a night in a doghouse for acquiring a new machine sounds like a good deal to me . I might have to build me one of those for the back yard so I can keep bringing machines home
    Old 07-22-2013, 04:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer
    Actually, a consequence of a night in a doghouse for acquiring a new machine sounds like a good deal to me . I might have to build me one of those for the back yard so I can keep bringing machines home
    I am in BIG trouble. DH COUNTED my sewing machines today............ He got up to 151... there are sure to be more........ darn things hide.
    Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
    He got up to 151... there are sure to be more
    151 is amazing - envious that you're able to have so many Miriam. Curses on your DH's mathematics teacher
    Old 07-23-2013, 02:08 AM
    Power Poster

It's time to take pictures and put ads on CL... intervention or what ever. Glenn and Pat are coming and I think we are going to match up frankentreadles and if we are lucky some might actually all be there. They take up a lot of room. Then there are cabinets. We have way too many of them. Then I am going to move my shop - now there will be a challenge. Getting 150 machines into a smaller space and have room to work on them.............
    Old 07-23-2013, 05:25 AM

Grant, your Minnesota is lovely..... beautiful case, too. What's a night in the doghouse.... it's worth it for that machine.

Miriam.... 151??? I'm impressed. I can't imagine having that many but I haven't sold any or done anything other than very minor repairs. When I see a machine that's in rough shape I'm too scared to tackle it. You all give me a little confidence but I'm sorry to say, I've passed up a few that I should have gotten. But, there's no way I could convince my guys to walk around 151 machines.