Vintage Singer in TV Commercial

Old 07-17-2023, 02:46 AM

Default Vintage Singer in TV Commercial

Please note this is not an endorsement nor am I affiliated with the company doing the advertising. I am former IT geek.

Last night my husband and I were watching TV when an ad came on for some bed sheets from Boll & Branch. About 13 seconds into the commercial, it showed a Vintage Singer. It was very brief, but you could see it was one. This morning, I found the actual commercial on YouTube and I believe it is a 201-2 used in it. It is hard to tell because you can't see the motor well, but the light is on the front of the machine. I think it is an older version than mine which was built in 1951. I just thought that it was cool to see an old Singer in a commercial.

Shari
Old 07-17-2023, 03:36 AM

Good catch on seeing that machine in such a quick time. I do something similar with folks speaking on video from their homes. If there is a quilt hanging behind them I see that but never hear what they are speaking about as I'm too busy looking at the quilt. At least you remembered who the advertising was for.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:40 AM

Yes, it is a 201-2 as it has the light in front. The 201-3 has the light in back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWPAoZ0fsc

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)