Want!!

Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by frudemoo
add .png instead of .jpg to the end of the file name?
Not usually. You'd normally have to do a save as... and select format png.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

I'm still lost
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Miriam, do you use Paint Shop to download your photos? If so, download a photo from your camera and click on Save As. Scroll through the options until you find png (I'm going from memory here, but I think it's portable network graphics). Choose png and save your file. Voila! No more flipping photos!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM

I've never had a photo be upside down unless I took it that way with my phone.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

I don't use paint shop. But I'm not sure WHAT I use - it says My Pictures....
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
I don't use paint shop. But I'm not sure WHAT I use - it says My Pictures....
Maybe your phone creates the photos in jpg format... I'm only guessing. If your phone downloads directly to your computer, you would need to open a program, such as Paint, to save it in png format. No worries if you always hold your phone the right direction. The photos flip when you turn the phone another direction than the way it's supposed to be held.

Sometimes you have to turn it though, when you need a wide screen shot or a tall screen shot. I like to take photos the way I like to take photos... and then save as png if it happens to be a photo that needed to be taken sideways.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro
I've never had a photo be upside down unless I took it that way with my phone.
If you do use your 'phone you can use the built-in software to put it the right way (even my spare old Nokia has this ability).
Old 09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Phone? I use a camera.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Ok, I have been quilting for about 3 years now. I have a singer sewing machine that is about 30-35 years old. Used it a lot when I made clothes and Halloween costumes. I bought a Brother a couple of years ago to do my piecing on. At some point I will purchase something better. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is the fascination with the machines such as the ones shown on this post? Someone please fill me in.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sustraley
Ok, I have been quilting for about 3 years now. I have a singer sewing machine that is about 30-35 years old. Used it a lot when I made clothes and Halloween costumes. I bought a Brother a couple of years ago to do my piecing on. At some point I will purchase something better. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is the fascination with the machines such as the ones shown on this post? Someone please fill me in.
Many of the vintage machines sew better, are easy to maintain, are relatively inexpensive, parts are available, they are repairable, easy to use and will sew through about anything. The new and vintage machines with plastic and stamped metal just don't have the durability the older machines have. There are some people out there that will still repair your older machines. Go into about any JoAnn and look at how many plastic wonder machines are lined up for repair - they are built to last about 5 years or less. It doesn't matter what you pay initially they don't hold up. I will admit I sell some vintage machines on CL for about the cost of a repair plus or minus a few bucks. Some will go for more and will do more all are serviced. I know people get on QB and brag about how cheap they got a machine but some times it is worth your while to buy one that has been serviced and pay slightly more money. There are people who offer a warranty with the older machines. I have been considering doing just that. I haven't had many problems with the older machines once they have been worked over. If you REALLY think about it 99% of your sewing will be with straight stitches. WHY NOT a vintage machine?

Last edited by miriam; 09-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.