Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Wanted:  Singer "S" badge for Vintage sewing Machine >
  • Wanted: Singer "S" badge for Vintage sewing Machine

• Wanted: Singer "S" badge for Vintage sewing Machine

Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 PM

Default Wanted: Singer "S" badge for Vintage sewing Machine

I have a 1936 ?? "celtic swirl" machine that is missing the Singer "S" badge from the front of the machine on the lower right hand side. Does anyone on the QB have a spare one, perhaps from a machine that you are using for parts etc.?? I would appreciate hearing from you. I would pay you for your trouble. Tks in advance. You can PM me if you like or answer here.
    Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 PM

Have you tied eBay? I saw a bag of 50 there. Maybe there is a smaller amount available.
    Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM

Oh shoot Callen! I forgot to get out that old machine and see if the spousal unit could get it off in one piece! Will do that tonite!
    Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Charlee
    Oh shoot Callen! I forgot to get out that old machine and see if the spousal unit could get it off in one piece! Will do that tonite!
    I am not surprised Charlee as life gets so busy. I certainly would appreciate your help & would pay you for it, if it's possible to get me one.
    Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Since your the guru of old machines AND I look at your answers and help you give other folks including Callen.
    I have just bought a Singer 185J portable machine made in Canada on the Goodwill site. It looks like it is very nice condition and is a great bright green. It cost me $85.00.......
    My question is..... did I pay too much and how much do you think I should have payed?????
    Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 AM

I saw a red S badge yesterday on ebay, about $6.00 or so. I did a search for vintage singer machines and it came up with a lot of other parts and machines. Good luck.
    Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 PM

I check on eBay everyday & so far I haven't seen any "S" insignia badges. I check the U.S. site & the Canadian site.
    Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Morag
    Since your the guru of old machines AND I look at your answers and help you give other folks including Callen.
    I have just bought a Singer 185J portable machine made in Canada on the Goodwill site. It looks like it is very nice condition and is a great bright green. It cost me $85.00.......
    My question is..... did I pay too much and how much do you think I should have payed?????
    Thanks for the compliment...there are others here that know SO much MORE than I do! However, I'll answer this one! ~wink~ If you're happy with the machine, and it works, then no...you most likely did not pay too much! You have to remember when you ask me about pricing, that I'm kind of the "Queen of Cheap"! I might not have paid that much, but the important part is you being happy with your purchase and getting a machine out of it that works well for you!
    Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Morag
    If it is what you want & within your budget, what is too much?? If it makes you happy then it is worth whatever you have paid for it. Just learn to enjoy & not question the price.
    Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the compliment...there are others here that know SO much MORE than I do! However, I'll answer this one! ~wink~ If you're happy with the machine, and it works, then no...you most likely did not pay too much! You have to remember when you ask me about pricing, that I'm kind of the "Queen of Cheap"! I might not have paid that much, but the important part is you being happy with your purchase and getting a machine out of it that works well for you!
    Thanks to you both ( Callen ) If it runs as good as my 99K I'll be a happy camper