Well Traveled Treadle

Old 01-05-2014, 07:01 AM

I’ll try to get a photo of the Delivery Truck going by my house with it the next time, if that would help any. LOL

CD in Oklahoma
Old 01-05-2014, 09:27 AM

Doesn't surprise me.

These days I believe it is FedEx that is using a second party delivery along with the US Postal Service to lower the costs of shipping for those that wish a lower rate. My son once ordered an item that took over a month all due to those additional stops. I think it was a shirt that could have been sent second day mail. And every item that my husband has ordered that has traveled this means of delivery stalls at the point it hits the US Postal Service. The tracking states the item is at the USPS; this stall has even taken weeks. And USPS states that they don't have the item.

FedEx and UPS shouldn't use a second carrier or USPS since the item always takes longer to get delivered.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Small world. I think I saw that treadle you are speaking of on Ebay; it was a White cabinet, yes? I had messaged the seller if she would be interested in parting out the desk because I am in need of a White cabinet lid (mine snapped in two recently) and she replied saying someone was interested in the iron base so if they didn't purchase the entire thing she would contact me. She must have been referring to you.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Crazy isn't it! I had a package go from MI to PA then back to Ohio where I live.... the package had to pass my town to get to PA!!! I love to check out the tracking it so often makes me giggle!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Last year, I shipped a package by USPS to my cousin in Cleo Springs, OK. I shipped it on 12/4/12. She didn't get it until mid-January 2013. What happened is, the postal clerk who accepted the package here in Florida, transposed numbers on the zip code. The package was sent ti Hiawasse, AR, first. Somewhere along the way, the box was torn open and a sweater and a pair of hand-knitted booties (for women) were removed from the package. Go figure!

Shipping is a "crap shoot" these days!

Jeanette Frantz
Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz

Shipping is a "crap shoot" these days!

Jeanette Frantz
As in, "Oh, crap!" and "Oh, shoot!", where's that package...? ;-)
Old 01-06-2014, 09:22 AM

Default UPDATE - Well Traveled Treadle

My Well Traveled Treadle finally arrived safely in my hands.

YEA!!!!!!

Now I can get to work installing it in place of the broken treadle on my 1901 Singer 27K2. I hope that it enjoyed itself tooling around the country, because that was probably one of those “once in a lifetime” trips......It did pick up some interesting vacation stickers on its box along the way.......Here's a photo of the little traveler.

Sidenote: The parcel was shipped through the USPS, according to the label on the box. That might explain the tracking entry:
> Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service - Jan-01-14, 22:00 PST 73542
by FedEx.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine552t_07a.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Did it come today?????
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 PM

That is one well traveled package! Just incredible its journey. I recently ordered form an on line shop... they gave me a US post tracking.. US post office tracking kept saying they had no such number in the system... for 7 days.. On the 8th day it was delivered by ... the US Post office!