What is it?

Old 04-04-2016, 01:19 PM

The first machine looks very much like a Viking Husqvarna 2000 series (there were several submodels). The push-dial button and top tension is placed differently though. I wonder if there were Japanese compies or close knock-offs on this model?

The machine on the second picture looks very nice. I wonder how a storage unit like that could survive intact all these years. I hope people jump for the chance and value these machines, lots of fun :- )
Old 04-04-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly
Oh my what I wouldn't give to be there!

Cari
Exactly what ran through my mind!!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:50 PM

Where are they?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:06 AM

Well I swear I've seen one of these on the web lately but looked and looked and don't find it now.

He doesn't have one of these in there, does he? It will be easy to spot by the carrying bag!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morse-ZIG-ZA..._qi=RTM2247625
Old 04-10-2016, 11:28 PM

In reading about Davis I learned that they would oftain make a bunch of machines to be badged, everything finished except the requested name painted on. If they didn't get sold in a badging lot they where sometimes sold without a name. Basically un-badged badge machines. Me thinks that's basically what we're seeing here.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Freaky_Quilts_Dragon
In reading about Davis I learned that they would oftain make a bunch of machines to be badged, everything finished except the requested name painted on. If they didn't get sold in a badging lot they where sometimes sold without a name. Basically un-badged badge machines. Me thinks that's basically what we're seeing here.
I agree. NOS from a distributor.

Cari
Old 04-11-2016, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly
I agree. NOS from a distributor.

Cari
What does NOS mean?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:18 PM

HEre is one they have. Disclaimer: I am not in anyway connected to the seller of machine. I show for appreciation and discussion. I gain no profit from forwarding this info.

Does this have metal or plastic camstack, ya think or know? This was a biggie for Amish to convert to treadle. This brand new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]547614[/ATTACH] UN75
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 06:30 PM

I purchased the first machine. Very light for all metal. Camstack looked metal, sounded metal but did not put magnet to verify before gave as gift. 3/4 size machine. Only strange thing was foot lever is plastic and seems out of place. Was told (not by seller) that machines when badged got their badge plate and a specific arm lever for that "brand" that was switched out with the plastic "holder" one. Do not know if reliable source for tidbit. I did not sew with it as wanted new for who gifted to. She will let me know how sews. I suspect smooth as reminded when I got to actually see it of a jcpenny I had and loved.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

NOS=New Old Stock. These look like Taiwan machines. Not a bad thing. I'm fairly certain my Taiwan made Dressmaker is all metal inside but mine takes cams, the fancy stitches aren't built in. I do not believe the story about the foot lever. These machines, though still technically "new" have been sitting for a very long time and should be serviced before they're used. There's a good chance they're frozen.

Cari