White Rotary Bobbins & Case

Old 09-20-2024, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
It looks like there are some at https://www.vintagesingerparts.com/c...estic-part-744 that have the hole in the side. I haven't dealt with them, but it seems like there have been some that have on this board.
I have purchased this item from this company, no problems at all. These bobbins are the same as vintage bobbins, only much shinier.
Old 09-20-2024, 09:33 AM

Joe, I did note that you have gotten some other things from them. I ran across one item was a hand crank that seemed to work.
Old 09-21-2024, 04:57 AM

thank you all for the advice and the options! I am definitely going to be checking them out.

a little update! I was able to source a bobbin cover plate from eBay, and it fits!
it is much shinier than the original needle plate that is on the machine, and even though both plates came with my eBay purchase, I’m going to keep the original needle plate on the machine
Old 09-25-2024, 05:22 PM

Thanks so much to Joe!!

I got the bobbin case and bobbin. And I’m beyond excited that it is a perfect fit!!!

I was able to get my machine all threaded and am almost ready to give it a whirl!

I am still waiting on the treadle belt, but I may try my hand at manually cranking a few practice stitches out.
Old 09-26-2024, 03:23 AM

Thanks for sharing your success. It is a great read.

bkay
Old 09-26-2024, 05:10 AM

I will add my thanks, too. Really appreciate that you posted about getting the parts you needed. Yes, you should try to try by hand
Old 09-26-2024, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by MommaE1015
Thanks so much to Joe!!

Just to be clear, Joe = Joe Ayres, not this JoeJr. I want to add my thanks to him and to MommaE for the follow up.
Old 09-26-2024, 09:33 AM

Default Thanks for this wonderful site!

And I give my thanks go JoeJr for the bobbin case and bobbin. He sent it to me to try in a Domestic Rotary, but it needs the one with the pinch clips in the center to hold it in.

I still have the machine, and am willing to part it out if anyone needs parts from it. Or try the different bobbin case if there is one out there. I did find one online, but it was more than I want to spend on the machine.