Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Wizard sewing machine -- late 50s or early 60s??? >
  • Wizard sewing machine -- late 50s or early 60s???

• Wizard sewing machine -- late 50s or early 60s???

Old 07-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Default Wizard machine

Originally Posted by demondmh
    I have a very similar model -a Bradford model 7068. I have the manual if anyone wants a copy.
    I just purchased the same machine in the pictures and have been looking everywhere for a manual. I would LOVE a copy if that's still available. I am very excited to use it but would love to know how to first.. :-)
    Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Default Wizard creation sewing machine manual

Originally Posted by demondmh
    I have a very similar model -a Bradford model 7068. I have the manual if anyone wants a copy.
    Could you please send me a copy, just bought this machine off of someone and I have no manual to it
    Old 03-14-2019, 10:33 AM

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...951-590393.jpg

mskey32 The last post on the thread was nearly 5 years ago. the previous posters may not be around to respond. I don't have a manual, but if you click on the link you can see some eye candy. One is labeled Wizard. Welcome aboard.
    Old 08-16-2020, 12:12 PM

Thumbs up Just got my Wizard!

I bought my Wizard on a whim a couple of weeks ago off of the Shop Goodwill site believing it was just like my first sewing machine my parents bought me back in early 60s. I was 10 years old and had learned how to sew on my Great Aunt's Singer treadle machine. After researching and finding this article (https://customstyle.wordpress.com/tag/wizard-3kc-8842/) I am now sure this is the type of sewing machine I had. 1) I automatically knew about the magic button to switch the zig-zag. Secondly, when she said Western Auto!!! OMG! My uncle worked at the only Western Auto in Del Rio, Texas. I remember my parents telling me that it wasn't new (we were very poor) and that my Uncle, who was the manager at Western Auto, sold them the floor model on payments. This one still works like a charm! I'm going to clean up this baby and give her a prized spot in my sewing room.
    Attached Thumbnails wizard-sewing-machine.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2020, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by n4c4c4
    I bought my Wizard on a whim a couple of weeks ago off of the Shop Goodwill site believing it was just like my first sewing machine my parents bought me back in early 60s. I was 10 years old and had learned how to sew on my Great Aunt's Singer treadle machine. After researching and finding this article (https://customstyle.wordpress.com/tag/wizard-3kc-8842/) I am now sure this is the type of sewing machine I had. 1) I automatically knew about the magic button to switch the zig-zag. Secondly, when she said Western Auto!!! OMG! My uncle worked at the only Western Auto in Del Rio, Texas. I remember my parents telling me that it wasn't new (we were very poor) and that my Uncle, who was the manager at Western Auto, sold them the floor model on payments. This one still works like a charm! I'm going to clean up this baby and give her a prized spot in my sewing room.
    I love reading articles such as the one you have linked here, and good links for helpful information within that article. And it has motivated me to try to find a manual for my Super Automatic Zig-Zag Model 770; there happens to be someone on pinterest who has the identical machine with the original manual, hopefully willing to share a copy.

Thanks!
    Old 08-17-2020, 06:11 AM

I converted mine to a hand crank, and sometimes it travels with us. When I saw the pinup girl in the same colors, I needed a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails bombshelll-oops-pinup-hc-b-.jpg