Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-18-2024, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Good grief! My husband was home Friday after fainting in our doctor's office on Wednesday. (low blood pressure and anemia)
Gets home by Friday. Saturday we get a call that the blood cultures grew and he had to be at the ER asap. Another nightmare. He has a rare bacteria in his gut. An infectious disease doctor got involved. Long story not that short but he's now home and on a medication that is working. Also his blood pressure is up and stable. I'm about to lose my mind but I'll try not to!
I think I forgot how to sew lol.
Oh- one thing I did last week before all the drama was send my Kaffe quilt from the last Boom to my longarmer. Can't wait to show you all~
Sorry to hear about your husband, but glad to hear he is on the mend. Can't wait to see the quilt
Old 04-18-2024, 04:16 PM

I saw it. Tee-Hee-Hee! And thank you again!
Old 04-18-2024, 04:22 PM

Beautiful, lovely blocks posted. All so colorful. I know each recipient is going to love them.

Back to camp this weekend to finished cleaning up from the winter and winter lock up. My husband put so many moth balls in the camper to keep the critters out, we have to open the windows and doors so we can stand it inside. He went down and got the water hooked up and lines flushed only to find out the faucet in the kitchen is not working properly. OH Bummer
Old 04-19-2024, 04:27 AM

Love the Christmas block you made for me Libster. thank you!
Old 04-19-2024, 05:49 AM

Good morning, Boomers. I’m sitting in my car in front of the Red Cross for my routine donation. But, that’s not the big story. I parallel parked successfully for the first time since I learned to drive. I’m so proud of myself! Roflol. My day is made. Anybody else have a problem parallel parking?

I’m off to donate now. Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:42 AM

Log Cabin great block

Libster love all your blocks, especially mine. Thank you

Lstew we plan on going to our camper Sunday and doing the same thing but absolutely no moth balls. The smell makes me sick. Hubby puts out his version of a trap line, lots of sticky traps.

Janice when we lived in the city I had to parallel park with regularity. Don’t know if I could do it now since it’s been a couple years since we moved

34 here with a feel like of 23. Yuck
Old 04-19-2024, 10:55 AM

I'm another that isn't good at parallel parking. Try to avoid it, but now with the backup cam, it's not so scary. Looks like I'll be in GA another week, then back to SD and will get my blocks mailed off right away. Been spending lots of time making a new home for my fish while DH has been working on finishing sheetrock in the room that will eventually be my sewing room.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:28 AM

Wow, I went to the website and looked at all the blocks. They are fantastic as usual. Those are going to be spectacular quilts.
When is the next boom? I was inspired and think I’m ready to jump back in.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:47 AM

Hello Ladies, Happy Saturday. Hope you all have a great weekend. What is everybody's plans for the weekend?

I try not to parallel park if I don’t have too. Back up cameras do help.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:31 AM

Hi MJP!!! Great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. The next Boom will post late July so that we can be done before the holidays. Have a great day!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Wow, I went to the website and looked at all the blocks. They are fantastic as usual. Those are going to be spectacular quilts.
When is the next boom? I was inspired and think I’m ready to jump back in.