Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Rhubarb Relish >

Rhubarb Relish

Rhubarb Relish

Old 05-01-2024, 11:42 AM

Default Rhubarb Relish

It seems to me that I once saw a recipe for rhubarb relish on the board. I remember it sounding so good but now I cannot find the recipe as it was posted. I am wondering if I am mistaken in remembering where I saw the recipe or if I am just unable to locate it on the board. If you have posted this recipe would you do so again and if not does anyone have a favorite that they use. I have googled for such a recipe but would like to find one that a member of the board has used and likes. With this being rhubarb season I have plenty of rhubarb with which to prepare all kinds of goodies. This relish is meant to be used with meat. It just sounded so good.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:41 PM

I searched (using Google, the search engine on the board isn't very good, IMO) and didn't find much.
There is this post (no relish mentioned) https://www.quiltingboard.com/t-129435-1.htm
Another post had a link to a site with lots of rhubarb recipes, scroll down for the relish. https://www.rhubarbinfo.com/2020/03/...ipes.html#more
Old 05-02-2024, 04:22 AM

Just saved a couple of the recipes for the crunch and pie as I grow strawberries, raspberries and rhubarb out here in Iowa.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:02 PM

I have The Joy of Rhubarb by Theresa Millang great cookbook for rhubarb. There is a relish recipe in it and a great recipe for rhubarb pickles.
I have to start picking my patch it's over a foot tall now. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:14 PM

I don’t have a recipe but might a rhubarb chutney work well with the meat?